Wednesday, 15 October 2008

5 minute chocolate cake in a mug!


This cake is pure laziness and indulgence. The recipe is from Half-assed Kitchen via The Kitchn. Here is the recipe!

4 tbsp self raising flour
4 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp cocoa
1 egg, beaten
3 tbsp milk
3 tbsp oil (I used groundnut oil, but veg oil will do aswell)
Pinch salt
Cooking spray
1 Mug


Spray the mug with the cooking spray, then add the dry ingdredient; flour, cocoa and sugar, to the mug. Mix together. Beat in the egg, then stir in the milk and oil together and add the salt. 

Microwave on full heat for about 2 minutes. I put it back in for another 30 seconds, but could have probably ate it after 2 minutes. It all depends on the power of your microwave really. Heat until it rises and isn't wet to touch the top. 

I think this would be super cute served in tea cups with a scoop of ice cream ontop for a quick and easy dessert for dinner parties. I think a whole mug full was a bit too much, even for a chocoholic like me! It needs some ice cream or something with it I think. I will probably make this again just because it is so bloody easy!

7 comments:

  1. Your blog is too delicious, food so tempting! (lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks really good! I want to try it sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Starbucks wants this recipe. I bet it'll be on their menu soon. But I won't bet on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello helen! i come by and visit your blog periodically when i'm miffed that you haven't been on lj for a while. congrats on getting on tastespotting! i'm obsessed with that website, i prob visit it about 4 times a day (saddo). however it sometimes goes down, so then i head over to foodgawker.
    suze/bronzemedal xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is bloody brilliant! at uni i have no baking things, and i miss making cakes. and eating them. but this could solve my problems! thankyou.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is such a great idea! My oven just broke and I'll be waiting until the January sales before buying a new one so this will get me by in the meantime. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg i just made this and it actually worked and it actually really yummy! thanks!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails