Monday, 20 October 2008

Lovely start to the week

I have had such a lovely day so far! I had to get up really early and it was dark and wet and windy so it wasn't starting off too well. And then the train was delayed and very busy. But then it turned into a lovely day. I accompanied Scott into Liverpool because he had to have his Hepatitis B jab for his course and then we went for breakfast as Qwaff's on Bold Street. I had a lovely waffle with chocolate spread and a cappucino. It was delicious and reminded me of being on holiday it was so indulgent.

Then we decided to go for a walk down by the Albert Dock and visit the Tate but it's closed on Mondays! We felt very silly after trying to open the doors and pressing the button for ages then read the sign that says 'closed mondays' after reading the sign that says 'we are open everyday!' So misleading. Then we wandered by the river and nearly got swept away so we went into the Maritime museum and reminisced about when we used to go their when we were little. The Albert Dock was a prime school holiday attraction!

 
  
  
  
 
I love how blustery it always is by the docks. We saw the ferry across the mersey too which I want to go in because I cannot believe I've never been on it. Plus we can sing 'the ferrrrrey across de merseeeeey' in a fake scouse accent.

Then when I came home I was looking on Asos and went back to look at that red polka dot dress I loved and it was in the sale! Don't you love it when that happens? Half price! So I snapped it up. Also, I had my first submission accepted on Tastespotting, my peanut butter and white chocolate blondies so I felt quite proud (and geeky) about that really. I also bought a huuuuuuge pumpkin from a little fruit & veg stall on Bold Street for only £2 so I'm going to get making pumpkin cake and pumpkin soup this week!

P.S. This week is National Baking Week in the UK, what are you going to bake?! I'm going to bake apple cake, cinnamon halloween biscuits and pumpkin cake (if I can find the time!)

5 comments:

  1. we loved the blondies ;) and have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, my mom's gonna try out the blondies this weekend! jum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOnderful pics!
    Looks like Lovely Weather.
    And not a bad looking Scott.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a lovely day, jealous about the breakfast.
    What's the sizing like for the petite section on ASOS? Anything like DP?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds and looks like an amazing day! It makes me want to take a holiday from everything. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails