Saturday, 18 October 2008

Peanut butter and White chocolate blondies



I waited in the Asda car park for over an hour for these! I had bookmarked this Rachel Allen recipe in my 'recipes to bake' folder and they could not stay in there unbaked for much longer. I had an urge to bake them! So off I drove to Asda, only to encounter a horrible traffic jam, which meant I couldn't even find a parking space. Due to a road near the exit being closed, there was only one way to go when you left the supermarket and all the cars trying to get out had backlogged so very badly!

It was a futile mission if I was alone but luckily I was with Scott, so after spending 15 minutes standing still in the car, looking at some fierce angry woman vent her rage at anyone nearby and gurning lots, I sent Scott in to get 'the goods'. About 20 minutes later, I had only moved a few feet from where I was.

We survived this torture of being stuck in a car park though, thanks to each others good company and sneakily eating a bit of the white chocolate we bought for the recipe. Then I came home and made these - It was worth it.

Ingredients
125g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
100g butter, at room temperature, plus extra for greasing
150g crunchy peanut butter
175g soft light brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
75g white chocolate, chopped

Method

1. Preheat the oven to 170C/gas 3. Butter the sides of a 20 x 20cm square cake tin and line the base with greaseproof paper.

2. Sift the flour and baking powder into a small bowl and set aside.

3. In a large bowl, cream the butter and peanut butter together until very soft. Add the sugar, egg and vanilla extract and beat until well combined. Add the flour, baking powder and the chopped chocolate and mix to form a dough.

4. Place the dough into the prepared tin and bake in the oven for 25–30 minutes, or until golden brown and almost firm in the centre.

5. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin, before removing and cutting into squares.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! That look good! Mabye I'll try making them :) Who knows! I'll tell you if so.

    - Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. tnx for the comment, rome was lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks fantastic. I'm going to have a stab at this version

    http://www.chocolatebytes.com/chocolate-chip-blondies/

    But i'm sure yours is much better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, thanks for the recipe! My family and I LOVE, did I say LOVE Blondies! Yours look great I want the bottom one it looks like it has more chunks of white chocolate!ha-ha!
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo I just made these - COMPLETELY satisfied my peanut butter craving - absolutely delicious and turned out perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails