Thursday, 27 November 2008


On Tuesday I went to see this installation which is part of the Liverpool biennial, by Yayoi Kusama. My friend (whose photo it is above!) had told me how beautiful this was and wow, it really was. It is a small wooden box in an old warehouse near the docks in Liverpool. You can only go in one at a time and have to take your shoes off first. Then you stand on a small platform, surrounded by water and suspended lights which are always changing colour. The walls are covered in mirrors and it creates this infinite dream-world effect which is so so beautiful. The piece is only there until Sunday, because the biennial finishes then, but I strongly recommend going!

5 comments:

  1. That looks absolutely amazing, I rather wish I could afford to go to Liverpool this weekend to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the best installation I've seen all year. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! I'm so jealous - I wish I could go! That's just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing! I was in Liverpool on Thursday to visit the Tate but I wish I had known about this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! =O

    That's a very cool installation.

    <3

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails