Sunday, 9 November 2008

On Tuesday I went to the theatre to see Dario Fo's Accidental Death of an Anarchist, because I had to do a review of a live event for uni. It was quite amusing, yet not quite as profound or political as I was expecting. It's about a maniac investigating the death of an anarchist whilst in police custody and the maniac was really the best character - the way he had everyone wrapped round his little finger! He was quite Lee Evans-esque too.

Before we went to see it we went for tea to The Gourmet Burger Kitchen and, seriously, their burgers are the best ever. I had a mexican burger, which had a big dollop of chilli ontop of it, guacamole and sour cream. All on a really, really good beef burger. It was so messy and oozed everywhere.

On Friday night I went out with friend's for Kathy's birthday. We had tea at The Moon and Pea on Lark Lane which I highly recommend if you're ever in Liverpool! I made a birthday cake for Kathy too, it was a Rachel Allen carrot cake recipe but with my own orange buttercream instead of a cream cheese frosting. The carrot cake was the best carrot cake I ever made I think hehe.

I made the roses myself too, following the instructions on this video although mine don't look as good as that! Practice makes perfect though.

2 comments:

  1. That cake looks awesome AND delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty cake! What a lovely yellow... bet it tasted good!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails