Tuesday, 10 February 2009

Some recent outfits

Okay, so throughout February I have decided not to buy any new clothes at all. My wardrobe is seriously bulging. If it goes well, I will carry this on through March. The reality is that I don't actually need any clothes and I want to save the money to spend on macaroons in Paris! However, I have my eye on a few things already...a dress from Topshop and a skirt from Asos. I am so easily tempted but will NOT give in! My wardrobe is already full of many pretty things.

tuesday

This is what I wore last Tuesday for Uni. I had 2 pairs of really thick red tights on and yet I was still so so cold, especially my toes. I also re-found that grey cardigan recently after it got lost in the depths of the wardrobe. I like it because it's warm and cosy and goes with anything. Yet again, Nina wanted to get in on the photo! Here it looks like she is looking at me and thinking 'what are you doing? you poser!'

friday

This is what I wore on friday because I had a looooong day ahead of me: a meeting about my dissertation and then preparing for a small conference that I was speaking at for the rest of the day! The conference went on until 5 - I am not used to such long days at all. So I wanted to be comfortable yet smart. I also wore my gold name necklace that I got for my 18th birthday and it yielded a few compliments. I have obviously been feeling very French this week with all my stripy t-shirts.

11 comments:

  1. I really really love your style! And completely agree with the thing about not buying more clothes - I'm supposed to be doing the same, ha, and like you, have my eye on things I really want! Its annoying how there's always new stuff out there to lust after, huh? Hope you're well! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the first outfit. the top with the geometric pattern looks really nice with the red tights and flats. and the red skirt with pockets on the second outfit is lovely too! :) great outfits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've ever posted about how much I enjoy seeing your outfits. They're so adorable and gorgeous and cute and I wish I could have them all all all!!!
    Go you for deciding to be non-consumerist this month. I think it's important to restrict ourselves like that. A girl I worked with last year couldn't fit all her clothes in a four-door wardrobe and could spend $1300 (Aus, which is around £650) in a weekend. I mean, OUCH.
    But I love both these outfits :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your outfits are so lovely all the time. I really, really like all of them. And I'm not suposed to buy anything new either, but that is so hard haha. But I am going to try it anyway!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i fell in love with the very same topshop dress. WHY IS IT SOLD OUT!? grr. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've found that the only way I can keep from shopping is to not look, even online, at all the new styles. It's extra hard for me because I walk right by ALL the stores on my way to work every day.

    It will be worth it, though, especially when you get to Paris! Macarons are definitely worth missing out on a new dress! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the first outfit. The shirt is really cool. I would go on a buy ban, but I really don't shop that much anyway. I don't have the time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i really really like your style.. love the red stockings.. i'm thinking to buy one for my self, plan to wear it sunday for church

    xx imelda

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look adorable as always =) and yes, do save the money for macaroons in paris!

    ❤sb

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your bright, cheery outfits :)
    and I love both the skirt and dress from topshop!
    good luck with your clothes ban honey!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the pops of red, great outfits! ps, is that a vintage typewriter you have? wow!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails