Saturday, 21 February 2009

tuesday, wednesday, thursday, friday

This is what I've been wearing this week - Tuesday through to Friday. On wednesday, I went to watch Benjamin Button and I loved it. A few friends I have spoken to have been a bit sceptical about it and didn't want to go and see it. I was going to watch it with Scott but he was ill on Wednesday so I decided to just go it alone. And it was so worth it. I actually enjoyed going to the cinema by myself. To be, watching a film can be like reading a book - something to enjoy alone and become fully absorbed in. I can't enjoy it if I'm distracted. Then, at the end, you can discuss with other people what they thought, but the act of watching and reading is quite a solitary act.

Anyway, Benjamin Button was a beautiful film. I adored it. It was full of beautiful quotes like 'I was thinking how nothing lasts, and what a shame that is', 'we're meant to lose the people we love. How else would we know how important they are to us?' and 'Everyone feels different about themselves one way or another, but we all goin' the same way.' It was truly beautiful and I hope it does well at the Oscars. 

11 comments:

  1. I love your colour palette. Totally with you on having to watch films alone thing. I never get too involved with the story if I'm watching it with someone else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fashion style is so cute! And i've never watched a film alone, i'm never adventutous enough.. I should try it one day. The quote "we're meant to lose the people we love. How else would we know how important they are to us?" Is actually amazing. Wow :') <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your outfits always have a lovely pop of colour.
    I haven't seen the movie yet, but those quotes are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous outfits, loving the pops of colour and that grey dress is so cute!

    been meaning to watch Benjamin Button for a while, will def go next week after i finish my coursework, from the trailor it looks like such a beautiful film, done in a way i was hoping the time traveler's wife would be done but it's starting to look not so good...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely, lovely outfits. I also like the quote 'we're meant to lose the people we love...' It just reminds me to appreciate what I have while I have it, b/c things don't last forever and that's alright.
    Your palette of black, white, red, and blue--is it a phase your in, or are you intentionally developing a signature with those colors? Just curious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Going to a movie by yourself sounds somehow pleasant. I think it would be great to watch a movie in a completely empty theater. I need to see Benjamin Button!

    I love your outfits. They coordinate so well with each other.

    ReplyDelete
  7. it is such a gorgeous movie, isnt it? i saw it with my boyfriend and he was quite sobered by it... it was really fantastic. good on you for going alone too, so many people are too afraid to!

    Your outfits are fantastic too, I really like your aesthetic..

    Brooke xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am yet to watch benjamin button! and your outfits are cute as always!!

    ❤sb

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really need to see this movie soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute looks! I think you wear pants about as much as I do. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. your outfits are adorable! it seems like you have a very set color pallate (so do i - my friends laugh at me)

    i didn't see benjamin button but i'm proud to say i've seen quite a few of the nominated movies!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails