Wednesday, 11 February 2009

wednesdaytuesday

This is what I've wore to go into Uni this week. My uni week is over now - I'm only in on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays which means I get a super long weekend which is good, but it also means I lack a routine on those days which I need! Anyway. This week I have been feeling so ill and poorly, ever since going out on Saturday night. I think I was exposed to the cold for too long or something. Now I'm full of a cold, headache, sore throat, blocked nose. My throat is so croaky and in my tutorial the other day, when I was trying to say clever & witty things about Hemingway, I said 'appwoipriate' instead of 'approriate' and then ended up sounded stupid and like Jonathan Ross! Damned cold.

So, to make myself feel better, I have been getting dressed up and putting on the lippie. I always find that when I make an effort, I instantly feel 10 times better than when I just wear scruffy jeans and a uni hoodie. Although that is insanely comfy for lounging around in, when I go out in it I feel scared to bump into anyone I know! The dress on the right I have had for over a year now - I bought it in September '07 to wear for mine and Scott's first anniversary celebrations and I still love it now. It's from Topshop's Petite section so the fit is wonderful on me and it doesn't look dated yet I don't think. I still love it now like I did back then. Tea dresses are always a classic.

Today I was getting in the mood for valentines day with my heart print cardigan. I love hearts all year round though. I went through a phase of buying loads and loads of heart shaped pendant necklaces back in 2006. I recently purchased some heart shaped sunglasses from Primark that I am dying to wear already, but it isn't sunny enough. Maybe I can wear them on Saturday. Hearts should be for all year round - not just the 14th February!

new primark sunglasses!

19 comments:

  1. love the yellow scarf! hope you get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish i was only in uni three days a week...
    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress doesn't look dated at all. I love it with the scarf. Ugh, I'm getting sick, too. I hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look so darling. I like all the colors you're wearing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. For the sore throat, drink some warm teas such as thyme, or lemon/honey and wear a warm scarf around your neck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least you were only a little 'inappwoipriate'...you could've started talking about Andrew Sachs's granddaughter. Then you'd be in trouble!

    My throat's playing me up too. Get well soon and enjoy the long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that cardigan! I think about 70% of my jewellery is heart-shaped...
    love your blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! Love those glasses! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know what you mean. When I'm feeling gloomy I wear an outfit I like and suddenly life is awesome again! I love that dress a lot - it's so sweet and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that topshop dress, and the scarf is the perfect touch!

    Get some rest missy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love heart shaped sunglasses, i wouldn't take mine off in the summer!

    That dress you're wearing is so cute :)
    And you have a great taste in fashion, i love reading your blog <3
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO adorable! I love the floral dress so much.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey just found your blog - I love it! The first picture in this post reminds me of Mini Mouse, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what pretty outfits !!

    i want heart-shaped sunnies so badly, my goodness !!



    stay in touch pretty lady :]
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've been searching for the Lolita sunglasses for ages. I guess it'll be easier to buy them on the Internet since we don't have Primark in Barcelona.

    ReplyDelete
  16. hey! I came across your blog via your comment on click your heels and i love it! you look fantastic in both these photos.

    I hope you feels better soon!!

    Brooke xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are adorable. I love cardigans and both of these ensembles and the polaroid wall.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i like all the colours you've got on, great blog too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails