Thursday, 5 February 2009

Who loves Nutella?

I do! I do! Hmm that lovely chocolatey hazelnut spread. Who doesn't love it smothered on toast or straight from the jar? Turns out people love Nutella so much that 2 bloggers decided to dedicate a whole day to it! The 5th February is World Nutella day! I found this out last night, luckily in time for me to go out and buy a jar last night so I could be ready to join in the celebrations.


I wanted to make something simple and easy that didn't need any fancy ingredients, since all I had was the store cupboard essentials and nutella! So I stumbled across this recipe in a chocolate recipe book I had and it looked perfect. They are chocolate melting moments, sandwiched together with nutella. The recipe uses icing sugar and cornflour which gives it an immensely soft crumbly texture, that really does just melt in the mouth. Yum.

chocolate melting moments with nutella

Recipe


125g butter
2 tablespoons icing sugar
3/4 cup of plain flour
2 tablespoons cornflour
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
a little bit of milk
nutella!

Method

1. Mix together the butter and the icing sugar until soft and fluffy

2. Sift in the dry ingredients in 2 goes until you get a smoth paste.

3. Add a little milk to the mixture to make it smoother - this will make it easier to pipe.

4. Pipe them onto agreased baking tray and put in an oven preheated to gas mark 5/350c for approximately 10 minutes, or until firm.

5. Leave to cool, then sandwich together with nutella!

16 comments:

  1. Wow, I had no idea there was a world nutella day. I love nutella. I guess I know what I'm having for dessert tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a Nutella Day? That's so funny! I love nutella too.
    Mmm... that looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yummy, I haven't had Nutella in 4ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i didn't know there was a world nutella day! that's so cool =)

    ❤sb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try pancakes next time with the Nueta**a. It is also yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love Nutella! I eat it almost every morning on my bread. Yummy! and dear…you have been tagged ;)

    Love, Betsy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I, unfortunately, do not love Nutella, but those look really tasty. Maybe I ought to give it another shot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look lovely!!! So cute! I've not had nutella in a long time, I guess I worry that if I buy a jar, I'll just eat it all in one go! I'll be making cakes and things next week, so I'll post it up (my blog is meant to be fashion, but I can put cakey things up if I want) - thought I'd let you know!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohgod, those nutella sweets look so delicious ;O

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! I love Nutella too. I had a friend who used to joke she would eat her kitchen table if someone spread Nutella on it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man, I missed the world nutella day! That's just evil

    ReplyDelete
  12. yummy!
    I didn't knew that there was a nutella day :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Who doesn't love Nutella? It's Europe's most enduring contribution to world civilization.

    ReplyDelete
  14. One thing we always have in our house is Nutella. I have to make these.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't believe there was a Nutella Day and I missed it!
    I love that stuff. It's my favourite thing to have on toast.

    ReplyDelete
  16. How much butter is 125 grams? half a cup?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails