Wednesday, 18 March 2009

I DO do florals

Okay, I take back saying I don't do florals. I do, but I am so so so fussy about them. What I should have said really is that I don't do this season's florals, they're all either too big or not in the right colours for me. Anyway, since this week has been so springlike and glorious, I decided to wear my old ASOS floral tea dress. It's in yellow and blue. Can there be a more springlike colour combination that yellow and blue? I don't think so...but if you know of one do tell me!

showing off my new bag*

So yes, I do do florals, just so long as they go with my colour pallette. I felt very cute in this outfit and felt even cuter when my Modern American Fiction tutor said she liked my shoes and then said 'infact your ensemble's are always a delight to me!'. It made me quite happy that my clothes can cheer someone up! My bag is from Amy's fabulous Etsy shop Tuesday Afternoon Tea. The design is based on one of her papercutting she made for her college course, which I've been eagerly following on her blog. When she said she was going to make bags in this design I was so excited! Of course, I chose red. It's so adorable.

23 comments:

  1. You look lovely in florals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I'm so glad you changed your mind about the florals, you pull them off so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not into the huge ones either. That website is going to be my bank account's biggest nightmare

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Helen, the dress is adorable!

    other spring colour combinations? I always see pastels as very springy. a nice mint green & pale pink together, give me that any day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you do look very cutee! And the florals are very cute to!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute outfit! I love the dress.

    And I always love it when you can brighten a person's day (and just by being yourself!).

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a pretty dress! i love the pop of read against the blue too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww I'm glad you like the bag Helen! I did a big 'Wheeeey!" when I saw the photo! Thankyou so much for supporting Tuesday Afternoon Tea! Loves, Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you for your comment :) You look so good in that outfit, I really like the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this floral. The dress is so cute! I agree--this seasons the florals seem to big. I liked last year's tiny florals a lot more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The floral is actually great. You should wear it more often.
    Also, love the red necklace. It looks incredible paired with all the blue in your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute! I looove that dress, it's got sort of a vintage-y flair without being too much, you know? So glad I found your blog.

    Kristina
    Sweetfern Handmade

    ReplyDelete
  13. look nice. floral are cute
    newbie check and comment
    http://fashionaddress.blogspot.com/
    p.s nice blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. perfection!! i love the whole outfit. and your tote bag is cuuuute!

    ❤sb

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay for florals! I love your bag too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful blog! Love your dress!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the outfit and especially the bag!


    kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The dress looks great on you. I can't pull off florals at all, despite loving them on summery dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE that dress, and florals suit you very well!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Adorable outfit! And your blog is absolutely amazing. I'll look forward to checking it :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. That bag is amazing, pay day cant come quick enough.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm glad you decided to give florals a chance because this outfit is perfect. So cute. And I love your blog banner.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This outfit is wonderful - so adorable!

    I need more floral in my life!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails