Monday, 10 August 2009

And the winner is...


Apologies for the delays in choosing and announcing the winner, but thank you to everyone who entered! I have been super busy working lots at my part time job (13 1/2 hour shifts anyone?) and also searching for proper jobs and stuff.


vanilla cupcakes

I did have time however to make these cupcakes for my Auntie's birthday, they look rather professional don't you think? I am getting the piping technique just right! I have got a few lovely days off work, so my plans for this week include:

  • Going to Harrogate with my parents and grandparents to visit Betty's Tea Rooms!
  • Picking blackberries to make into jam and ice cream.
  • Visiting a farmer's market where Valentine Warner is making an appearance.
  • Drinking tea from my new tea set. I loooove it! It looks even better in real life too, I shall probably take some photos of it soon.

20 comments:

  1. I love Betty's. Jealous now! Still, I've got some of their afternoon darjeeling tea at the moment, so I'll imagine I'm there instead...

    The cupcakes look fantastic. Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. y-u-m! They look delicious!
    Where do you get your piping bags from? I've been meaning to buy one for ages.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you use a piping bag? I've never managed to do icing right, but it's probably because I don't have a piping bag!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those cupcakes look absolutely perfect and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely tea set! I've been eyeing out some sets for myself...

    And good job on the piping! I had my fist experience piping a couple months ago and is was just a little short of a disaster.....but your cupcakes look absolutely scrumptious!!!!

    -Paulina

    ReplyDelete
  6. your cupcakes always makes me feel a little jealous :p

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your piping skills look very impressive! I like the polka dot cases too :)

    That tea set is so pretty and colourful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy Cupcakes. They look de-lish lady!

    xo,
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  9. The piping is just stunning! I really don't think I could survive 13.5 hour shifts...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so jealous! I love Valentine Warner! I want to know if he's a goofy in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your blog. Its so cozy and warm...Oh yeah and adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i thought you wrote thirteen, half hour shifts which sounded utterly crazy. but now i understand. still massively long though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. No matter how yummy my cakes are, the icing is always an utter disaster! I need those piping skillzzzz haha, they look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. those cupcakes look... A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!!!! i am drooling right now...
    woah, those r long shifts! wat kinda job do u have??

    ReplyDelete
  15. hello .. great new about my daughter winning the giveway , can't wait to read the book myself too .. i just love betty's the one in harrogate .....wendy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahhhhh, im green with jelousy at your plans! I hate the fact that summer drags so much, if only we lived nearer to each other =]

    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love Betty's!
    Gorgeous looking cupcakes x

    ReplyDelete
  18. those strawberry treats look splendid and almost too good looking to eat haha!

    ReplyDelete
  19. hi helen,

    i recieved my paris style book, the magnets and the poster the other day...thank you very very much!

    i love them :) i saw your notecards in tk maxx today too :p teacups teacups teacups!

    looby xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails