Friday, 6 November 2009

Starred

I don't know about you but I love the 'starred' feature on my Google Reader. I am always starring things that inspire me or make me giggle. So I thought I should share some of my favourite posts of the past week with you all instead of just keeping them to myself!


Amazing baby animal photos by Sharon Montrose, found via Unruly Things

I love books (of course, being an English graduate and Library student), but I also like pretty things, so pretty things made from books are pretty good in my opinion. I love these book installations by Jan Reymonds, found via Black Eiffel (I highly recommend this blog, I star so many things from it)

I also starred these great book photos from Diane of Darling Darling. Perhaps I find books too aesthetically pleasing?


This really just amazed me and left me with my mouth wide open. After a 20 minute helicopter ride, artist Stephen Wiltshire managed to draw the Manhatten skyline exactly perfect and to scale. Utterly amazing. Found via A Cup Of Jo.

Mocha Brownie cupcakes. Yum. I love chocolate and I love coffee so of course I love Mocha. These are on my neverending 'to bake' list, that expands pretty much every week. I sometimes wish I could just bake and try new recipes everyday! Recipe available at Annie's eats.

Rebecca, aka The Clothes Horse, always impresses and inspires me with her remix posts. She takes one item of clothing and shows how she would wear it in a myriad of ways. They're always so inventive. I particularly loved this one because the Betsy Johnson dress is so beautiful.

Oh and Happy Friday! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. My plans for the weekend are celebrating my friend's birthday tonight in Manchester and then finishing off my assignments for uni, a mixture of good and bad!

28 comments:

  1. this was wonderful. i love the little porcupine! is that even what it is. looks like he came straight from the pages of beatrix potter. and Diane and Rebecca are two of my fave bloggers. they are just the greatest

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! I love the Star feature, too! Lol! Dorks!

    I love Rebecca. She's my favorite blogger. Her remixes are awesome. I say, she's a remix genius.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the manhattan skyline drawings are incredibly insane!! i wish i could do that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty picks! I just love that first book photo. I agree, Rebecca's blog is fantastic - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is such a great idea for a post =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love reading Annie's Eats too! She always posts such inspiring recipes and her photographs are wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The manhatten picture is so cool! and that cupcake looks delicious. my sister and i have been reading your blog and have tied out a few of your recipies :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi! i'm meg, i just came across your blog and i wanted to say i like it! seems like you read a lot of cute ones too -i'll have to check them out. i especially love the books! (i agree that there are few things more beautiful than a collection of old books)
    xo meg

    ReplyDelete
  9. appy weekend:)Thanks for sharing.Love evrything in this post.Good luck with the Uni

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is quite a wonderful post I'd say! Very inspiring. I'm in awe over that Manhattan drawing, and the outfit from Rebecca's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too have a love of books. Thanks for including these great pictures in you post. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the book posts :) How could you possible find books too aesthetically pleasing? Thanks for sharing your faves.

    ReplyDelete
  13. cool links! A lot of very impressive stuff there.

    Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the book installation, being a fellow english literature graduate!

    your site is lovely, will definitely visit again :)


    www.jeniwren.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely photos. I love thecltohes horse.

    ReplyDelete
  16. First off, the starred feature in Google Reader is extremely helpful! I've always meant to do a blog post in which I feature starred items in my Reader as it never ceases to inspire me.

    Secondly, the book installations!! I'm dying from that!! It's sooo gorgeous. And don't worry, I find books aesthetically pleasing, too (thanks for the shout out and for liking my book photos! I always take way too many photos of books whenever I'm in a bookstore. It makes my visit to them twice as long with the additional perusing!).

    Also, I love all of Rebecca's remixes. She's so wonderful at them, I don't know how she does it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Clothes Horse is incredible, and I oohed and aahed over the baby animal photos! (:

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow thank you for posting this, you introduced me to so many new things!

    ReplyDelete
  19. so much inspiration. i peeped that new york artist myself- incredible! have fun in manchester :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. the baby porcupine. my god. BEYOND cute. Off to go check out that skyline artist!
    -indigo

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooo, this gives me new blogs to read. Love the book photos--there's something especially about old books with the simple covers that just aren't the norm anymore that get to me.

    ReplyDelete
  22. great wonderful pics!! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awww, baby porcupine! :D
    This post is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  24. these are lovely picks. i always star things but then i forget to go back and look at them.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I saw a programme about this artist not so long ago. Genius.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails