Wednesday, 11 November 2009

Wearing on Wednesdays

Wednesdays

Last Wednesday I had a rather productive day in the library (despite annoying fellow students chattering away). I went to the Victoria Gallery & Museum for lunch with Scott. The building is absolutely beautiful! I was upset I didn't have my camera with me. The last time I was in that building was over 3 years ago on my first day as a student at The University of Liverpool, when I had to go into one of the halls for an introductory talk. It amazed me then, but it was run down and in need of repair.

The building is the original university building and is also the root of the term 'red brick university', as it is built out of red bricks and terracota. It was mostly unused except for a few lecture halls, until in the run up to the Capital of Culture, it was restored to it's original glory and was used to house the university's art collection and other historical artefacts.



Luckily I did manage to find some photos on Flickr, courtesy of Ronramstew, who has some wonderful photos of the rest of Liverpool too. The cafe is situated in the grand hall and on the right hand side of the huge fireplace, there is a memorial to all of the students and staff of the University who died in World War One. The original features in the building are amazing - the glazed tilework was especially beautiful. Oh and to top it all off, the food was rather good too! I highly recommend it if you're in the area.

27 comments:

  1. Lovely dress, necklace, ENTIRE outfit!! Haha :)


    Gorgeous building!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely outfit and that building looks great. I didn't realise you were in Liverpool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so unfair - you always look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i LOVE that bright electric blue. it's so pretty on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah i love beautiful old buildings, and beautiful old cafes! just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I keep forgetting its Wednesday! Love that shade of blue!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your dress! it's really pretty ^^!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the color of your dress!

    btw love your blog, I believe I've commented before but never heard back? which is okay because we're all busy, but would you like to trade links?

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love love love your outfit. the blue looks so lovely on you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha! I always dislike chatter in the library...unless I happen to be generating it. :) Love your blue dress; the colors just really pop!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A perfectly simple, yet striking outfit. You always have such vibrant colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that dress--it nips in at the waist so perfectly! I would love to see that building, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The building is beautiful, I'd love to have lunch there ! I adore the blue color of your dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your dress. You look very nice : )
    -The Trendy Fashionista
    http://thetrendyfashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. that building looks beautiful, especially the stained glass!
    i also love your outfit, infact i love them all, they always cheer me up with all your bright colours! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. The building is beautiful.

    Love Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this dress!! I love blue! kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  19. if I ever go to Liverpool (which I hope I do) I will definately want to dine here! the windows look beautiful. as do you, you cute heart x

    ReplyDelete
  20. bright combinatios like blue and red are my favourite..you always wear smart little dresses.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the color of the dress. The perfect shade of blue. You have the cutest wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  22. such a cute outfit, love the colors....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails