Thursday, 31 December 2009

Farewell 2009, hello 2010

My 2009


I hope 2009 has been fabulous for you all. I think we can all agree however that 2010 will be indefinitely better! 2009 has been such a busy year for me - graduating, turning 21 and finally figuring out what I want to do with my life. Here's a quick recap of what 2009 was to me -


January - Wearing my new favourite hat. Studying hard in the library for exams. Starting my final semester at Uni. Trying to think of grand ideas for my future.


February - Snow! Being snowed in and unable to get to uni. Reading lots of American fiction. Eyeing up the fall-winter collections on style.com.


March - Welcoming spring. Getting the Hummingbird Bakery Cookbook (my kitchen has never been the same since). Celebrating my Grandad's 85th birthday with a teaparty. Watching Scott run the Liverpool Half Marathon.


April - Busy busy with lots of Uni work. Celebrating Easter with chocolate eggs, beetroot cake and nest cupcakes. Having my haircut short and then regretting it.


May - Finishing Uni!! Enjoying the start of summer. Visiting Crosby beach. Enjoying the Bank Holiday monday in Sefton Park.


June - Visiting my friend Emma in York. Betty's macaroons. Did work experience in a school and realised I did not want to be a teacher at all. Ever.


July - Such a busy month! Always my favourite month though. Turned 21. Graduated from University with a 2:1 in English Literature & Language. Visited Paris with Scott. Picked strawberries. Hosted my first giveaway and had my first blog birthday too.


August - Visited Harrogate with my family and had afternoon tea at Betty's. Went to the local ice cream farm and saw cute pygmy goats. Applied for my Librarianship masters and got accepted.


September - Started uni again. Quiet month - back to school. Baked a fair amount of cupcakes.


October - Visited the pumpin farm twice. Carved said pumpkins and also made lots of pumpkin soup. Experimented with the primrose bakery cookbook but returned to the Hummingbird. Celebrated autumn.


November - Visited London to see my friend Emma. Good Food Show. Portobello Road. Hummingbird Bakery. Lost in Nottinghill. Visited Bath and started to feel christmassy.


December - Such a busy month. Uni deadlines. Too much uni work. Christmassy cupcakes.


How has 2009 been for you? I am hoping that in 2010 I will finally start my career and have more spare time. I hope everyone has a wonderful New Year.

25 comments:

  1. Such a great post! I got the Hummingbird Bakery cookbook for my birthday which was yesterday, can't wait to try it out!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this set of pictures especially the cupcakes photos, they look delicious ! Happy New Year to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the little set of photos, they all look so well together!
    you went to london and paris, so you can't really complain either ;)
    i'd really like to go back to new york as well...i think you can enjoy the cities more if you've already been there before, so you don't have to do the must-see tourist things again, but you can focus on discovering knew things

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! Hope you have had a chance to relax over the break- I am starting to feel guilty for not having done enough uni work over the hols! Putting all those photos like that is a really nice idea! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! great year of posts!

    I made the hummingbird coconut cupcakes yesterday and they came out great! They tasted a little dense though, I wonder what I did wrong :(

    Happy 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow quite a year! probably the most important element of 2009 was finally realizing you didn't want to teach haha. its unfortunate when our dreams aren't what they seemed to be, but at least you found before you got in too deep

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you've got a great year planned!
    (I don't think I could be a teacher either, libraries seem like a much less hostile option!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2009 has been good to you! Hoping that 2010 will be even better!! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. happy new year girl! love the collage of 2009 pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely recap! It's always nice to look back on the year and break it down to its essentials. Happy new year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful recap!
    Wishing you all the best for 2010 xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year!
    Your year sounds fantastic- all the traveling and cupcakes (:

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the blog!

    http://lipstickthunder.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so happy that I discovered your blog this year! it always makes me smile! :)
    I hope you have an amazing 2010!

    http://playingdressupwithkellie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. great post helen! hope your 2010 will be even better than your 2009! happy new year!

    for me it's been quite intense too, graduating, starting m first job...

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. 2009 has been beautiful.Love the photos in this post, as well as the higlights of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  17. good luck on 2010, it's been fun getting to get glimpses of your life through your blog. You always have such gorgeous photos.
    -inidgo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely, lovely images. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy New Year!

    Last year sounds busy! I hope 2010 is a great year for you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. great post! I've loved watching your cooking adventures this year, quite inspiring =] hope you have a marvellous 2010. xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. My brother gave me the Hummingbird Bakery book for Christmas and I can't wait to get stuck in! Visiting Crosby beach is on my to do list this year too! Good luck in 2010! Loves, Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is such a great post! I love the grid of photos at the beginning. 2009 feels like a blur to me. Kind of "blah and uneventful, but I have better hopes for 2010!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Belated happy new year! i've loved reading your blog over the past year or so and am looking forward to continuing to do so in 2010! xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ah great post! All the best for 2010 :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails