Tuesday, 9 February 2010

2 simple outfits

36/365
shoes - clarks, skirt - h&m, t-shirt - h&m, cardigan - cath kidston.
39/365
shoes - clarks, skirt- h&m, t-shirt - h&m, cardigan - cath kidston

I finally feel like wearing some more colour now. I know spring is far from here, but we are getting more sunshine (so much sunshine that my solar powered garden lights keep coming on!) so I feel the need for colourful tights. I also love this cardigan, it was such a great buy in the Cath Kidston sale. It was still expensive(ish) at £32, but it's such good quality and I know it'll be in my wardrobe for a long, long time. As I get older I seem to be buying less clothes, but better quality. Like I don't even enter Primark anymore - I'd much rather buy some Tabio or M&S tights for the quality. The same with my shoes - I'd rather buy a pair from Clarks or Jones than Primark. Infact, these Clarks shoes were SUCH a great bargain! My Mum treated me to them whilst I was on my placement and not working. She got them for just £12! Each time I wear them she likes to brag about how great she is at buying me things haha.


This week I cannot stop listening to Los Campesinos! new album, Romance is Boring. I was listening to it in my car on the way to work the other day and it is SO good, I did not want to get out of my car. I haven't been this excited about a new album since I was a teenager probably. The lyrics are so good, it's slightly less twee than their first album, which I loved, but is miles miles better than their second album, which I just couldn't get into really. There are so many quotable one liners that just keep getting stuck into my head and I feel like scrawling them all over my notes in Uni when I get bored, but then I remember I'm not in school any more. I urge everyone to have a listen to it on Spotify and then buy it if you love it like I do. 



27 comments:

  1. New Los Campesinos?! I missed that... quick, Spotify!!!

    And I know what you mean about more expensive but fewer things. They last longer! It's better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love los campesinos! For a while my flickr name was you!me!dancing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so cute! I just love how cheerful your outfits are with the colors--so, so lovely! :) I especially love that polka dot skirt...

    ♥ Casey
    blog | elegantmusings.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. so nice and cute!
    especially this set with yellow tights

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love the bright tights. i need a pair, badly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE that top skirt! And yes, you sure are getting a bit more colour added in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those outfits are both gorgeous, I think the bright tights really make them. I'm feeling exactly the same way about wanting quality things that will last, but its hard not to be tempted by a quick fix every now and again! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how adorable are these outfits! Love how you've added colour with the tights <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful outfits, love the polka dots!

    And I adore Los Campesinos! great choice! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love what you do with a simple circle skirt! Classic colours and shapes with kooky twists. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the second one so much, channeling Kate Spade!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the bursts of colour you add to your outfits with the bright tights. I often wear them myself, they really spice up any, even the simplest outfit!

    Great style!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your tights!! As spring gets closer, I find myself more and more excited to pull out all of my colorful legwear! :D

    Hmmm, why have I never heard of this band before?! I'll give them a listen! :)

    http://playingdressupwithkellie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the second outfit, the colors are great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the red and yellow tights! so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, I love how you mixed up the colours in your outfits with such ease! The cardi looks really comfy too!!

    I've also learned to buy less and instead invest on more quality things, or at least I'm trying to haha:P

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm really liking the 2nd outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i always love your tights. they are adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the polka dot skirt with the yellow tights.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such fun outfits! Who needs spring with those lovely tights? Well okay, spring would still be nice, but your oranges and reds help me feel a bit warmer :]

    Hope you're having a nice week x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh I need some red tights in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think the leggings from pic no 1 could fit better with outfit from pic no 2 ^.^
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  23. great outfits, i love this skirt/cardi look

    ReplyDelete
  24. Both outfits are darling, I especially love the polka dot skirt. Wear as much color as you want dear - embrace the spring and summer that is ahead :)

    inbugsdrawers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such cute outfits! I love high waist skirts!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a lovely blog you have here, im surprised i hadn't come across its lovelyness befor.
    I'll be keeping a close eye on you, haha

    lots of blogging love
    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  27. Loving their music. I've heard of them before but recently decided to venture in further :)
    Thanks for sharing! and I love your outfits.

    satinsugar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails