Wednesday, 28 April 2010

Canal boat fun

On Sunday I went on a day trip on a canal boat! It was quite fun, until it started raining and then I began to get cabin fever. And when we crashed and thought the boat was going to sink wasn't much fun either! I don't think I'm cut out for a life of boating, but it was fun for a day. It was a nice way to see the countryside. When I got home though I had that horrible rocking feeling you get after being on a boat - there isn't even a current on the canal so god help me on a river!

roseandjim

I saw a Rosie & Jim boat though which made my day! When I was little I was obsessed with Rosie & Jim and my Mum searched everywhere to find me a Rosie doll.

me
I decided to brave the rain with my umberella as I started to get cabin fever. The cabin was very small and with 12 people in it, it felt even smaller!

boats

captain scott

Scott was the captain. I only tried steering once, but I didn't trust myself. Especially after we had our crash (which wasn't my fault by the way, but was kind of scary at the time! We did more damage to the canal bank than to our boat though.)

Have you ever been on a canal boat? Do you have sea legs or are like me and prefer dry land? I don't know why it scared me because I'm quite a good swimmer and the canal is only shallow, but I'd rather get somewhere in a car or plane than a boat.

22 comments:

  1. perfect Sunday!
    I went on a canal boat trip when I was a child but really cannot remember it well :/ though I know it must feel very insecure to be in one filled with people.
    you look so pretty Helen!

    oh and about the bikini, you once said you always wanted to come here, so why not? and you could wear it easily :)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to go on a canal boat - I used to love Rosie and Jim too when I was little.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like great fun, despite the rubbish weather! My brother's just been on a canal boat holiday and he had exactly the same wibbly sea legs problem - I don't think it matters that canals aren't like the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ommgg rosie and jim<3 haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to have a go on one but don't think I could steer! I almost crashed a boat on Ullswater in the Lake District!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi sweetie, looks like so much fun, I live close by to canal and it would be my favourite place to live by one!Seeing as you always take such beautiful care of your hair, thought you might want to enter my spell bound hair accessory giveaway worth £45.00 over on My Passport to Style! Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to post because I think the outfit I wore today is so similar to some of your outfits! (Not intentionally, honest!) You're so good at pulling off a delicate print with bold complementary colors. :)

    http://sweetfernhandmade.blogspot.com/2010/04/what-im-wearing-dream-dress.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I'm curious about the place where that canal boat trip was. Sounds like so much fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My Uncle lived on a canal boat! It was amazing.

    www.loloholmes.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. no, but I've been punting haha, this looks fun

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hate hate hate being on water! Although the idea of being on a canal boat is lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmmmm, I think we need more details on the crash here! You're a braver woman than me though - I never take the wheel of anything that moves! Great post and lovely pics. V picturesque. x
    http://equatorlive.com/weshop/

    ReplyDelete
  13. awww that looks like an awsome sunday! i never went on a canal boat trip but sounds like fun!
    (btw, the dress on my blog is this season's! if you stop by h&m you might find it^^)

    ReplyDelete
  14. i've never been on a canal boat except one of those used for river tours, do they count? i love your outfit. That coat, especially, is very darling!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks like such fun! Love your canal boat chic too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I lvoed Rosie and Jim as a child! The real canal boat ride looks so much fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha, I'm glad you had fun despite all the things going wrong. And no matter what the weather conditions were, atleast you looked good in your beautiful outfit and umbrella!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i have never been on one! i get travel sick though so definitely prefer land!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That umbrella is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look so lovely, and the canal trip sounds wonderful (minus the sea sickness of course!) I have never been on a canal boat myself, but it's a thing I have always wanted to do - especially in France where it seems like a great thing to do in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Eep, we saw a rosie and jim on a canal boat the other day too - though it was a smaller version... love it!! No duck though...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails