Thursday, 22 April 2010

Spring

90/365

Cupcakes

110/365


I feel quite safe in saying that spring is finally here now! A few weeks ago, I kept wanting to proclaim it's arrival from the rooftops, but then I was always scared that the mercury would plummet again and I'd have jinxed the good weather. Now that April is nearly over, it feels like Spring is securely here. I love how it stays light so late and I know that my birthday is just around the corner... (it's in July but I get so excited about it!). I've also been making fresh hummus and fresh pesto, spring just makes me love making fresh food and eating healthier.

Things I love to do in Spring:

  • Take photos of cute daffodils. I don't think there are any cuter flowers than daffodils!
  • Mow the lawn. I don't know why, but I've been obsessed with mowing our lawn. I love the fresh cut grass smell and seeing it turn vivid green, but it's also good exercise. 
  • Walk the dogs. 
  • Make fresh food. I've been making fresh home-made burgers, hummus, pesto and of course cakes too. 
  • Have premature BBQs, then rush inside once the sun goes in because it gets too cold to stay outside!
  • Read in the sunshine. 
This weekend I'm going on a day trip on a canal boat for Scott's Mum's birthday, so hopefully I can add that to my list of things I love to do in spring! It will remind me of Rosie & Jim. What do you love to do in Spring? 

17 comments:

  1. Reading in the sunshine, BBQs in the gathering dusk and making fresh food are some of my favourite things about warmer weather. And I ADORE daffs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! Spring is the most hopeful thing in the world, it makes me so happy. Fresh food and grass (minus pollen) and two of my favourite things too :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. those burgers look amazing, can you make burgers without a grill?

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet pictures darling! I also love to read in the sunshine!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore spring too! Freshly cut grass is one of the most amazing smells :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sat in my Mum's garden with a trashy book today, it was lovely!
    I hope you are still planning on doing your icing/frosting tutorial post? Every time I give it a go it ends up looking rubbish haha. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. spring is just the season to be happy, i think :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love spring too, the premature BBQ suggestion sounds very familar! I love being able to sit in beer gardens til late,chatting with only a cardi to cover your shoulders....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely post :)

    Spring is my favourite season by far. I like to wander round looking at spring flowers and blossom trees, start making salads to eat outside, enjoy a spot of afternoon drinking in the sunshine and bust out some of my more summery clothing and sandals.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, the BBQ anecdote sounded far too familiar!! I definitely enjoy seeing everything come to life again; everything and everyone seems so bright and cheery... you can just about sense summer approaching. Yay!

    Danni
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love daffodils because they always remind of Alice in Wonderland (Disney, not Burton).

    Love Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  12. yay i think spring is here to stay now too! i sat in the park and read my book the other day and it was glorious. cant wait to get out the bbq!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Living in rainy Glasgow, I appreciate every single second of sunshine that comes my way! Eating and drinking al fresco is such a (rare) treat! x.
    http://equatorlive.com/weshop/

    ReplyDelete
  14. ah what a lovely list of things to in the spring. i just love the smell of freshly cut grass.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love spring! People are happier. I can go outside with a jacket on or bbq with some friends.. Festival season is coming!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love mini daffodils!
    In Spring I'm all about walking and enjoying not having to wear a big winter coat.

    www.loloholmes.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails