Friday, 28 May 2010

2 recent outfits

Here are 2 outfits I have wore this week. I'm getting quite back into the swing of outfit posts and enjoying them again. I always think there's no point in blogging about something if you're not enjoying it, it shows. Perhaps it's something to do with the few new purchases I've made lately that have injected a bit of fresh air into my wardrobe. Sometimes your wardrobe can begin to feel a bit stale after no new purchases, especially when you WANT to make new purchases but can't afford to. It becomes so frustrating and then uninspiring.

146/365



What I wore

This is what I wore yesterday to have lunch with my grandparents, sister and mum. The skirt is new and from Zara. I have been searching for the perfect red skirt for so long and this *nearly* meets all of the criteria, except for the buttons on it. However, I could always take them off or change them to just red buttons if I get bored of them. Still, it is a pretty snazzy skirt. And it has pockets! I have so much love for skirts and dresses with pockets.

144/365

This dress also has pockets! I wore this for work on Tuesday. The pockets make it so practical for work, I always end up carrying around pens and pieces of paper so pockets are ideal for this. I prettied up this simple dress with my bow belt, which has been getting quite a lot of wear lately. I would also like one in red. I got lots of compliments on this in work, because it's a bit different to some of the more conservative outfits I wear for work, which consist of a black skirt, white shirt and white cardigan. It can be quite tiresome trying to dress smart for work but I'm slowly getting used to jazzing up my outfits whilst still making them work appropriate.

I also think that the I Know What You Wore This Summer blog has been helping keep me motivated with the outfit posts! You should all check it out and contribute to it, I'd love to see your summery outfits. Or not so summery, as the weather is here. As you can see I'm back to wearing (very thin) tights, because it's just too cold to go bare legged again! This makes me very sad.

And on that note, happy weekend! I'll be a busy bee this bank holiday weekend, working on Saturday and then going to the dot to dot festival in Manchester on Monday, but I'll make sure I enjoy the bank holiday. Do you have any bank holiday plans?

45 comments:

  1. I love both these looks. Where is your coat from in the top outfit? It's adorable!

    I'm dreading having to dress for work in the summer, it's so boring and difficult compared to throwing on whatever I like so I feel your pain. Good job at jazzing it up though.

    This bank holiday I'm going to Slam Dunk Festival, I wanted to go to Dot to Dot but my boyfriend had already got tickets for slam dunk and couldn't afford both. Sad face to that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these looks ! You're so pretty !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen I'm so happy your outfit posts are back! I completely agree about the feeling uninspired without new purchases thing... but sometimes I find gems hidden in the back of my wardrobe that I can bring fresh life to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the 2nd dress :) where is it from?

    ReplyDelete
  5. both of these outfits are adorable! I wish all my skirts and dresses had pockets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look lovely! :)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the little gingham dress! Gingham is one of my favorite patterns. I love the red skirt, too--I think the buttons are great! I love red and gold.

    ReplyDelete
  8. your oufits are always so beautiful and cheerful, you look lovely. red really does suit you, your new skirt is very pretty :)


    love, jazzabelle. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm the same, dresses and skirts NEED pockets! Have fun at dot to dot! I'll (hopefully) be seeing Lady Gaga on Sunday and then going to a local festival on Monday - fingers crossed the weather holds out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That bag!! Someone in town had the same one earlier today and it's following me! :) I've got four things going on tomorrow that I need to try and jam in somewhere around each other and I've got my fingers crossed the weather is nice for the whole weekend as a bit of mooching in the sunshine would be lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. cute, I love anything with pockets! There's something nice and safe about them, plus so handy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the outfits. Your coat is so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty outfits :) I love the skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  14. cute blog!
    I opened a new fashion blog too, I hope u'll be one of my followers:-)

    http://lifegivemefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. oo that red skirt is so fun

    ReplyDelete
  16. I heart that skirt so much! I love how you matched it with that t-shirt! lovely

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your outfits and so agree, dresses or skirts with pockets make things so much BETTER!

    ReplyDelete
  18. that red skirt is beautiful. :) i love bold colors.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You suit the red and blue combo so well, and I love the bow belt with that checkered dress.

    I love pockets on dresses and skirts too, but my pockets always end up getting filled with rubbish!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look so pretty and the outfits are so well put together! I love your new Zara skirt. I think the buttons are actually what I like most about it! Did it come in other colors too?

    Oh, and I have a black and white checked dress very similar to yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. everything is super cute! i loooove your style. and the little coat over the first outfit is just drool worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice blog you have!
    Like your style!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the top outfit, red and blue go together so well.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love both outfits but my favorite is the black coat! It's so pretty, where is it from?

    ReplyDelete
  25. i love both outfits, the skirt & dress are both really good buys

    ReplyDelete
  26. I LOVE a skirt with pockets! You look utterly adorable in both outfits. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh my goodness, you look soo cute :) I just love that first outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Eegods! That skirt is divine. I've been needing something to liven up my wardrobe, perhaps a bright red skirt is the answer?
    All dresses and skirts should have pockets in my opinion, its SO useful.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Adorable! I specially love that red skirt, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love your red skirt, it really suits you! I have to same belt as you but in red. Did you get it from Asos some time last year? I hardly ever wear it so i was thinking maybe it would get more use out of it if you had it? You can email me at meganstreets@hotmail.com if your interested! x

    ReplyDelete
  31. The day I find an outfit that has pockets will be the day I'm avery happy girl :p
    Love your coat!!

    http://itscohen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. woooooow the skirt!!!!!!!! danmn!

    ReplyDelete
  33. So cute! I am loving red skirts at the moment, and teamed up with the blue shirt is just so perfect and chic! xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. I just love the last dress. From wich store/brand is it? I decided to follow your blog

    ReplyDelete
  35. you look so pretty in both outfits! i just adore the red skirt - on my screen the color seems to be so 'bloody' and deep!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I really like the colour scheme of outfit one. Your clothing choices are always great, though! I see similarities with my own predilections.

    ReplyDelete
  37. love them all! you're outfit posts are always so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  38. oh, so you don't dress in all your cool colourful and spotty outfits for work then? People at my library wear jeans to work, which i was quite surprised about; but i like to keep it smart, to separate work from home. I tend to dress a bit like your outfits actually, with cute skirts and tops - which earnt me several comparisions to Alice in Wonderland hehe! And the title of shoe queen as i manage to wear heels quite a bit. :) steph (stephthorpeuk)

    ReplyDelete
  39. Oh, I love both outfits! They both have the perfect silhouette and you look adorable in them :)

    Love,
    Aya ♥ StrawberryKoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  40. I like your buttons on your skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  41. So cute dress ! looks fabulous on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Both looks are lovely! I especially love the polaroid arrangement on your wall :)
    L x
    fashionlooksnorth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails