Wednesday, 11 August 2010

Crochet update

220/365

My granny squares that were going to be a cushion cover are now going to be turned into a baby blanket! I got a bit over enthusiastic and did too many by mistake. Like 36 instead of 25. Oops! I've joined together the first two rows. It isn't very tidy and I'm not sure how long it will last for but hey, it's my first real, difficult project! My crocheting has been slowing down because of work, but I had a weekend with no plans at all so I got back into it. It's so relaxing plus I can do it whilst watching TV. Lately I've been watching Mad Men with Scott. We've just finished series 1 so no spoilers please! I need to order series 3 on DVD. I love it though, the last few episodes of series 1 were AMAZING! As we got to the end of each episode I was like 'put the next one on!!' until sleepiness got the better of me. But yeah, crochet + mad men = awesome. 

Crochet books

I got these 2 great books for my birthday off my friends, along with a Cath Kidston knitting bag, lots of wool and crochet hooks! So for Christmas everyone shall be getting crocheted sushi or apples. I better get started on them now then!

Crochet bag

I actually have too much wool and crochet stuff to fit in this bag now! Luckily I got another one off Scott's sister but in a different print. My family & friends know me so well! 

18 comments:

  1. You're doing so well with it! Love the colours and pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me and my boyfriend have just started on Mad Men season 2, we love it and I can't believe we missed it when it was on tv!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a simple knitter (rectangles all the way!) but have never been able to get my head around crocheting, despite being shown by some very experienced people and being told it's super easy. I'm thinking I need to up the ante and give it another go as that blanket looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're making a beautiful work, i love your bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I love that you got a little out of control while crocheting! It's going to be an amazing blanket, anyway. Love the Cath knitting bag too. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great progress! Series 1 of Mad Men has just started on BBC3 so i've been recording it, can't wait to sit down and start watching it, i can't believe I missed it either! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great :) I might try to teach myself how to crochet...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking great so far, and I would love to see the finished product! (:

    I watched the first 2 episodes of Mad Men at the weekend, everyone seems to be raving about it recently even though it's been out for a while. But so far it's very interesting.
    kyrie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. oo i really need to get into mad men! i never get round to turning it on! its silly because i had to research the title sequence loads for my dissertation. i know its something id love.
    the crocheting is coming on well, i dont think id have the patience! the cath kidson bag to store ur stuff in is perfect too x

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow you are doing so nice!!! I wish i could crochet :)

    have a nice day!!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a great little gift. and its cool that all your friends and family know exactly what to buy you as gifts. my family always seem to struggle haha. good luck with finishing your blanket

    ReplyDelete
  12. The blue and red is so very you! More squares is always a better mistake than fewer! Te crochet fruit is SO cute looking, it almost makes me want to learn how to crochet.
    -indigo

    ReplyDelete
  13. That will be the sweetest baby blanket! I've watched a few episodes of Mad Men and I've given it a rest because of my dissertation (I know I will get super hooked!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. the red mary janes are fabric which made me a bit iffy at first. they're rubber soled though and seemed to hold up ok, i'm yearning for a patent pair though. love love love mad men too! i won't spoil what you have to look forward to though.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That baby blanket is going to be lovely. Crochet is something I still intend to try and learn. I've already go a really cute amigurumi book on my book shelf.

    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kyuuto-Japanese-Crafts-Amigurumi/dp/0811860825

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the color combination! (So typical of you, hehe.) It'll be a lovely baby blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this post! Can't wait to see some crocheted apples! I also have the same problem with the CK knitting bag - its too small for all my wool!

    Looby xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aw it looks really good! And crocheting is TOTALLY addicting! :) I love it. I love that bag too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails