Sunday, 22 August 2010

Preparing for autumn

skirt - new look
t-shirt - h&m
cardigan - m&s

I seem to be right in the swing of documenting my outfits at the moment! Above is what I wore on Friday evening, to go shopping to the Trafford Centre. Yes, I cannot stop wearing that green cardigan! It's true love. I bought a new jacket for the Autumn and it's got me really excited about the cooler weather! It is a red mac from Miss Selfridges and I've been wanting a red mac for so long. Sometimes black coats can feel a bit boring and red is my favourite colour and goes with everything else in my wardrobe so I think it's a worthy investment. It was £59 and I was unable to get my usual student discount on it because my student card doesn't have an expiry date on it! The sales assistant was very suspicious of me...but I am going to be a student until next May now as I finish my Masters dissertation part time while working full time. It'll be hard, but I'm really enjoying researching into eBooks! But anyway, damn John Moores University for not putting an expiry date on the student ID card and making me spend an extra £5.90...



Isn't it beautiful though? I couldn't begrudge the extra £5.90 really, because I am working full time. Typical sod's law though, since I bought it the weather has picked up so I haven't been able to wear it. I'm praying for the weather to cool down slightly so I can debut it! I really enjoyed looking at lots of the new Autumn clothes that are in the shops now too, Zara had such lovely stuff in! There was a whole section that Scott said was just 'me', polka dots, bows, peter pan collars. I didn't buy anything because I thought some things were a bit expensive but I may have to go back and buy some things. I also quite want some new boots because my Topshop ones are 3 years old now and looking a bit battered. I don't really 'do' boots, although they are very practical. I just need to find some pretty ones! I also want to buy some more green items like my cardigan. Have you got your eye on any Autumn buys? Let me know what's on your wishlist! Any pretty boots?!

29 comments:

  1. oh, that coat is amazing!
    and i love that green cardigan as well! You look darling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the coat! The bow on the back is just too cute.
    Can't believe you couldn't get your student discount, sucky! ):
    I've got my eye on a parka from Dorothy Perkins, it has floral cuffs but is still great for autumn.
    Kyrie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought the cream version of that mac a few weeks back, it's very pretty in red too! xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous coat, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love the coat. What a fab autumnal colour!

    I love autumn too and can't wait for the weather to cool down. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that coat, I gotta find one!
    The colour is great

    http://stylecoffee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. That coat is so beautiful, the color is stunning. As is the color of your cardigan! Love it all (as always! You can do no wrong in my eyes!) xoxo

    http://www.pearlslaceandruffles.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful coat ! Love your style, as always.
    Please do another vlog, I really like watching them :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty coat!

    I too cannot wait for Autumn, I would very much like a cape. And some chunky knits! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the red coat - it's a very you style & colour. And as you know, I adore that skirt! Still trying to find one like it. I'm really loving the repeat appearances of this gorgeous green cardi. Love seeing new things in your outfit posts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I wish I could be preparing for autumn. Autumn is definitely my favorite season, and one of the reasons for that is stocking up on clothes for the colder weather. The coat that you got is adorable, Helen! I think the bow especially makes it really cute!

    To answer your question, my boyfriend and I have always communicated in English together (with the exception of speaking German, Hebrew and now a little Norwegian together for fun).

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a lovely coat, the bow at the back is the best part.
    In Australia we are going to into spring (which often resembles summer :P) so boots are def off my list. I would like some round-ish sunglasses. And I really need to stop buying dresses, it's getting out of hand! Also some short lace leggings to wear under long shirts/dresses, like bloomers haha. And a car.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm really into vivid, kelly greens right now so I adore the cardigan you are wearing!

    You have quite the blog, Miss :)

    Come say hi!

    xx
    MILK TEETHS

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your entire outfit, so cute! I have to say that I am also very excited for Autumn. I love when the color of the leaves change. It's so beautiful and the weather is even nicer! I have to say that I love to get Doc Martens for the fall!!



    www.teenvegetariansoul.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that red coat and your outfit is gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have made me all excited and wanting to buy a winter coat. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, how cute you are! I love stripes and the color green, so this is one of my fav outfits of yours! :D

    Oh, I loved my red hair! It was just badly done and splochy :( (you can't really tell by the photo) I have have to to bleach it next time, which means I would have to cut it :( So that's why I am postponing the process....

    Love,
    Aya of Strawberry Koi

    ReplyDelete
  18. That coat is lovely. I bought one last week in a gold/beige colour. I had bright coats last year so went for a neutral one.

    I love the colour of the cardi too. Works so well with the black and white.

    C
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am the opposite - I am praying for the warm weather to carry on! I do love your new mac though :)

    Leia

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow that mac is gorgeous! I love the colour and the little red bow at the back!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The red coat is pretty amazing. Would look awesome with red lipstick. Also i love Toulouse Lautrec, I did a exam-presentation on him in my second year of uni, he's great! Wish I could have gone to the Liverpool exhibition!

    ReplyDelete
  22. that red coat is amazing! and i adore your hair. it is stunning :)xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. That shade of green does really suit you! I always find it hard to find jewel tones which are spot on what i'm looking for! Looking lovely as always!

    ReplyDelete
  24. i love the green cardigan. i bought a couple of their cashmere cardigans last year & wore them to death..i think i need more. i really love this colour, one of my favourites

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous coat, will definitely brighten up your A/W :) oh and can I just say, I feel your pain with the student discount. My uni card doesn't have an expiry date either, and I get denied occasionally too. It's not really fair, we're still students. Ah well, most don't notice!

    ReplyDelete
  26. your hair is absolutely gorgeous! wow.
    and that coat is stunning, i need a statement coat for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Very cute, as always, I love your simple classic style! xxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails