Wednesday, 15 September 2010

Zara love

005

I put this all on to wear to work on Monday and realised it was 100% Zara, minus the shoes (they are my lovely Topshop t-bars, back when Topshop shoes were reasonable). I love this skirt for work, pencil skirts or tulip skirts are sometimes too restrictive for me when I'm walking about the library and lifting things up, but this A-line shape is perfectly tailored to be smart but practical. 

I also think my hair is getting too long, it took forever to dry for work yesterday so I had to turn up with slightly damp ends! I know normal people would just start waking up a bit earlier, but I am v.lazy and the longer I can spend in bed the better. So do I go for the chop or just one or two inches? 

Ah, I am so tired this week, I have been so busy in work because people have been off. Had a mad day today with an impromptu school visit that I had to do! I really love my job though and if you want to know more about it I am still updating my work blog here. (I don't want to bore everyone talking about it here too much too!

I have a short week this week though, as I'm off on Friday as I'm going up to Center Parcs and on Sunday Scott is running the Great North Run! He is running it for Mind and you can sponsor him here if you would like to. Anyone else have any nice plans for the weekend? I know it's only Wednesday but the weekend feels so close for me! 

20 comments:

  1. im not gonna lie im so jealous of you going to center parks, its like my dream place, we used to go all the time when i was younger, probably wouldnt have the same charm as it once did but id love to go again! i shall have to get onto ivor about it!

    i love that mustard top and the blue together, it looks super cute, a colour combo ive never gone for but it looks really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh zara is my all time favorite store! :) you always put together the best colorful outfits! and I'm jealous you can layer already! if I put on a cardigan here I'd sweat to death :S

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh I wish I had my hair as long as yours! so please don't cut it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your outfit is really nice! It's so nice to see something bright when the weathers getting worse :(
    I've never actually shopped in Zara, but i really like a lot of their items on the new website!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair IS long. But I'm always envious of your hair, it looks so lustrous. I'm trying to get mine to grow, it takes forever though. :( Don't go too short!

    ReplyDelete
  6. loving that outfit, you always look so polished and lovely! And woah, mega jealous you're off to centre parcs. Like lily, I used to go all the time when I was little and loved it! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a really lovely outfit, Helen. I love the bright yellow and blue against the black.
    Why don't you just wash your hair in the afternoon or in the evening? I don't think the fact that it takes too long to dry should be a reason for you to cut your hair (unless, of course, you would like it to be shorter). I think your long hair is beautiful on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Zara clothes are so perfect for work and for play! Good luck to Scott :)

    Leia

    ReplyDelete
  9. You really can't go wrong with an all Zara outfit, their clothes are always gorgeous!

    I'd say get a few inches chopped off first then see how you like it, can always get more off if you fancy it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cant get enough of zara at the moment, i felt a bit silly the other day though, when i took what felt like every item in the shop to the changing rooms!
    have fun at center parcs! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your hair is lovely as it is! Mine is about that length but blonde so it just doesn't look as healthy and glossy :(

    Oh yes, roll on the weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow I always love the colors of your outfits :D
    And zara is undoubtedly one of my favorite stores!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking great as usual Helen!

    I find Zara clothes very difficult to fit! The jump in sizes from 10, 12, 14 are very tempermental for those of us with fluctuating weights;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do adore your long hair but I think you'd look gorgeous with a short chop! Go for it! So jelous of you going to centreparcs, My family use to go quite often when I was younger, havent been in a few years though! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your hair is gorgeous - so long and luscious! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for the comment Helen, wow good luck to him glad to hear it's for Mind they always get left at the bottom. My mother and father are both bi polar, and my mum does a lot of work with the mental health system.

    I have never been to Centre Parks, it looks like a beacon of relaxation and nature. Have a great time xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Blue and yellow is one of my all-time favorite color combinations. Love it!

    Re: Guys in white vans--they're the creepiest! Especially because you wonder what they need the van for! >/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great outfit, and your hair looks lovely and glossy - don't chop it! x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails