Tuesday, 5 October 2010

Apple baking results

I promised you all I would share my apple crumb bars with you, but I've got 2 apple recipes for you to enjoy!

DSC_0125

First up are my apple crumb bars. Inspired by the blackberry crumb bars and using Smitten Kitchen's recipe as a base, I made some very seasonal treats to take into work. Instead of using a similar filling though, I sliced the bramley apples up and mixed them up with 2 tablespoons brown sugar and cinnamon.

Next, I made these apple galette's, after finding the recipe here on Joy of Baking. They have a frangipane filling which makes them a bit more sophisticated than an apple pie or apple turnover I think. However, as you can see mine are slightly 'high baked' as my mother calls it! They caught slightly at the edges when I was grilling them, but they tasted lovely and not burnt.

DSC_0149

DSC_0149

Yummy yummy. As you read this, I will be in Edinburgh with Scott! God bless scheduled posts though. Oh I also want to mention the We Love Baking facebook page, set up by Tate & Lyle. I was kindly sent some sugars by the kind folks at Tate & Lyle (I always use theirs anyway so was flattered by the offer! Plus, fairtrade ftw!) The facebook page is a great place for bakers to share their goodies, look at this nail varnish bottle cake! 



Barry M, my fave! 

29 comments:

  1. That cake is incredible! This post has made me so hungry... aah I wish I could bake x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh darling am hungry already!!! I won’t say am a terrible cook but did I mention I burn water!!! Yes Water!! That what my mom said hahaha!! but I will definitely give this recipe a go I must it looks delicious!♥ -Charming post Doll………

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha that Barry M cake! awesome (:

    delicious looking treats, and very autumn-y too!
    Kyrie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nom Nom! Those galette's look fab! X

    ReplyDelete
  5. The apple galette's look incredibly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. these look YUM. i love appley bakes in the autumn! I've joined that Facebook page too :)

    Looby xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look lovely, and can I just say your last post made me go and join my local library, so thanks!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. That cake is immense! What a fab idea too - I would love something like that.

    I do wish I worked with you. Your colleagues are so lucky - these treats look totally tasty! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cake is incredible!!! I so want one for my birthday. Also mm mm to the apple goodness. Send some my way please.x

    www.sweetmondayblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. mmm those cakes look delicious! I made an apple cake this afternoon, it's so yummy that it's nearly all gone... oops. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your baked apple goods look wonderful! & I'm very impressed with the Barry M cake - I'd love something like that!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. these have made me ever so hungry! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh yummy!
    nice way to use the apples you picked! I have an insane amount of bananas in the kitchen and must figure out something to do with all of them! I'm tired of making banana cake all the time though...
    hope you have fun in Edinburgh!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh man, they look delicious. And that Barry M cake is brilliant - such a rich colour! Hungry now. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha, the Barry M cake is incredible! Also love the look of your apple crumb bars, they look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What lovely looking treats! The link for the cake recipe didn't work to my chagrin. I saved the crumble recipe though.

    I love how your blog is often about food. This morning I was feeling domestic so I made curried black bean soup. It was quite exciting.

    Christy of Dress Rehearsal

    ReplyDelete
  17. These both look delicious!

    Leia

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yum!! :) Your apple treats look great!!

    Kc.

    http://a-sparkley-silver-lining.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mmm they both look delicious. Must go and hunt out the galette recipe as it's something I'd love to try!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Apple anything is awesome, and I love your galettes.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your blog is lethal for my diet!! Still, I can enjoy pictures of food and imagine what they taste like! :) xxxZ

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oo, both of these recipes look lovely! I have always wanted to try that Smitten Kitchen recipe - apple is a sweet alternative too!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those look delicious! As everybody said before...I'm hungry now. Really. I'll try them!

    Kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  24. They both look sooooo good, I can't wait to try baking them this weekend! :D

    ReplyDelete
  25. Mmmm they both look delicious and I have a bunch of apples!

    ReplyDelete
  26. hahaha that barry m cake is great!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails