Sunday, 2 January 2011

So this is the New Year

Yesterday - 
Shoes - Topshop
Dress - New Look
Cardigan - M&S


Today -
Shoes - Topshop
Skirt - Topshop
T-shirt - Belle & Sebastian
Cardigan - Dorothy Perkins

My first 2 outfits in 2011! Doesn't 2011 sound weird? A new decade. I hope it's a good one. I spent New Year's Day mostly in bed and then tidying up from our small soiree.  Then we had a big family dinner that we always do every New Year's Day, it's like a mini Christmas dinner. It's quite nice to have a final binge before the inevitable 'healthy eating' starts.

So what does 2011 have to hold for me? In February I am going to visit my Spanish family with my grandparents and Scott, it'll be the first time Scott has met them all and I think the language barrier is worrying him but I'm really excited! Then in May I will be running my first race! I've entered for the Manchester 10k and have joined the gym and everything in a bid to get fit. I think tomorrow I will take my first visit to the gym of the year. The 2nd half of this year is looking a bit empty at the moment but I'm sure it will rapidly fill up with exciting things.

Today Scott & myself visited Cheshire Oaks to indulge in some discounted goods, namely discounted Le Creuset pans. We treated ourself to this 20cm Cerise cast iron casserole dish, I can't wait to rustle up a good scouse in it. I'm a bit in love with it and would like a rather large collection of all different sized Le Creuset pans, but alas I also need a kitchen big enough to fit them all in.


Le creuset

Hope this year has been good for you so far, tell me your plans, aims & dreams for the next 12 months! 

32 comments:

  1. i know i am not posting on the 'right' post but CONGRATS! Wish you all the best this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so pretty in both outfits.

    Well I have some plans to 2011 too, I'll be moving from Portugal to England soon :)

    Happy 2011 Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that dress. So pretty.

    I've got a heart shaped Le Creuset casserole dish that I've never used. Must dig that bad boy out and rustle up something tasty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely outfits! Sounds like an exciting year ahead- good luck on the race!
    I just bought my mom a Le Creuset dish for Christmas, and we can't wait to try to bake something in it! They really are lovely, and so useful.
    Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 10k race? wow! that's amazing. you look lovely :) happy new year x

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are gorgeous! I love everything you wear...you have such lovely pieces!
    Happy new year darling.
    Hope this year will be a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely outfits!

    le creuset pans are excellent. i've been wanting one for quite some time, but haven't gotten around to buying one yet. can't wait to hear about all the things you make in it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look good in your outfits. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These outfits are really cute. Sounds like you had the perfect start to the New Year, and have loads of things planned. Anyway, best wishes for 2011 x

    ReplyDelete
  10. i dont really have plans, aims etc. for this year. ill just see what happens...cause you never know.

    the outfits are gorgeous - a bit color is always good :)

    Tash

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your outfits, especially the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the dress, looks good on you xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely outfits!

    we got a creuset pan for christmas too, haven't used it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that floral print dress - very nice! Oooh, I'm jealous of your Spanish jaunt. I hope it goes well and all your plans get put in place.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous outfits, I love the rosette top. Happy New Year to you, it sounds like it's going to be a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Am incredibly jealous of your creuset dish! It's wonderful, I'd love a whole range if I had the money!

    Happy 2011 Helen! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh you look lovely Helen. The B&S tshirt is so nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't think I can possibly begin to articulate how jealous I am of your Le Creuset dish. Or, in fact, how pretty you look in both of those outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cuuute shoes!

    http://londonscloset.blogspot.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful looks!

    Lovely blog!

    xoxo,

    colormenana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aah I'm so jealous of your trip to Cheshire Oaks, I just didn't have enough time when I went home last week!
    Le Creuset is something I want, but can't really afford at the moment. Boo!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I saw your about me and needed to check out your blog. I love tea, cake, Los Campesinos! and I'm a library assistant :)
    Love your blog and I hope 2011 is a great year for you x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Awww, I love your t-shirt so much! It's adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  24. happy new year! I would give anything to visit spain again, it is such a beautiful and wonderful place!

    ReplyDelete
  25. oh wow, that casserole dish looks amazing! we've been searching for the perfect one for a while.

    2011 sounds like its going to be great! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Both outfits are so lovely! I really like your style! Congrats on getting engaged!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your first outfit, its so pretty :)
    I adore shopping for homeware too - even if I don't have my own house yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. love your dress in the first pic! xo

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the red outfit, it looks gorgeous on you and I would totally wear it myself too!

    I'm glad you liked my Christmas post, I figured it would be fun to share my Christmas since it's kind of different!

    Hope you have a wonderful new year :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails