Thursday, 24 February 2011

Valencia panoramas

DSC00588

DSC00649

DSC00636

I love the panorama feature on Scott's camera. I think I used it a little bit too much on holiday and it started to annoy Scott though! There were just so many amazing views! The first photo is the ciudad de la artes y ciencias. It is designed by the architect Calatrava and they are all very unique and futuristic looking buildings, such a contrast from the old town with the towers from when it was a walled city and the cathedral. The middle photo is the mercado central, an amazing food market with nearly 1000 stalls in it! The range of food they sell is amazing, especially on the butcher stalls. You can buy chicken feet, carcases, sheeps heads, every single organ of many animals! So much choice! They use all the left over parts to make amazing stock and aren't half as squeamish as we are in England. I wish some butchers would take a leaf out of the Spaniards books! The final photo is the view from the miguelete, looking down into plaza de la virgen.

Valencia is such a beautiful city, I would really recommend it for a short break. It's right near the beach, has a huge park going right through the centre (the River Turia would flood every year so they diverted the river and the river bank is now an amazing park, perfect for running or cycling through!), amazing food, great climate & amazing people too! (Ha, I would say that, being half Valenciana. Both of my grandparents are originally from there which is why we visit). But if you're bored of Madrid or Barcelona, you should definitely give Valencia a try.

14 comments:

  1. Your photos look amazing! i love the panoramic mode too! But it's a great way to capture what you see.

    Sounds like the market was good fun. Lots of very unusual food items! We are far too squeamish your right!

    I shall at Valencia to my "weekend get away" lists as it looks delightful.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those photos are fab, Valencia looks like such a beautiful place :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks amazing!
    Love the photos and I really want to go to Valencia now :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Helen what stunning photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love panoramas, I always take loads when we visit new places, its such a great way to get a feel of a place. yours are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks amazing, that's such a good feature to have on your camera - I'd be using it all of the time! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh I wonder if my camera has that feature?! Valencia does look lovely, this about the fifth recommendation I've had, definitely on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would LOVE to be spanish! If nothing else for, then at least for the sun and heat, it's all rain and cold here in the UK!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those photos are amazing! Valencia looks so lovely!
    Hayley
    http://strangeness-charm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely photos! Thanks for the comment on my blog, been meaning to start a blog for ages and finally got round to it :) yeah I need to take that quote and apply it to everything in life!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a great camera feature - these give a fantastic new perspective, and Valencia looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Valencia look great through your pictures and text :) I wouldn't mind visiting someday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aah I love panoramic photos too, and these are no exception! Whenever i try though i can never line it up properly...definitely need some practice
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails