200g dark chocolate, chopped
325g caster sugar
130g rice flour or plain flour
1. Preheat the oven to 170c, Gas Mark 3. Place the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir occassionally until thoroughly melted.
Hmm delicious melted butter & chocolate mix!
2. Remove from the heat. Pour into a larger bowl with the sugar in, and beat together. Add the sifted flour in and stir together.
This is what the rice flour looks like, I bought it from Tesco in the world food section.
3. Finally, beat in the eggs until thick and smooth. (I added in 100g white chocolate chopped up at this stage, you can add nuts as well if you like or keep them completely plain)
4. Pour into a greased and lined baking tray (33cmx23cm preferably, if you have a smaller one just adjust the cooking time and you'll end up with a thicker brownie).
5. Bake for about 30-40 minutes (this depends on the size of the tray you're using like I said, just play it by ear). They should be flaky ontop but still soft in the centre. Leave to cool totally before attempting to turn them out, otherwise they will crack and fall apart!