Friday, 4 March 2011

Recent beauty buys

Now, I am by no means a 'beauty blogger'. I don't really know all the ins and outs of MAC pigments or which primer is the best out of 53 different ones on the market. I just buy make up and use it until it needs replacing (shocking concept I know!). However, I recently treated myself to a few beauty buys (mostly in duty free) and thought I would share them all with you.

On my flight out to Spain I treated myself to this OPI nail varnish. It is part of the Spanish collection and is called 'No Spain, no gain' and to be honest it is the name that convinced me to buy it! I love the colour too though, a lovely deep purpley pink. I like pink nail varnish but sometimes it can seem *too* girly and childish for me so this is quite a sophisticated pink and I really like it. Amazing coverage as usual from OPI too. They sell the whole collection on ASOS too. I love the names of the OPI colours! Sadly there were no Valencia themed names otherwise I would have snapped that one up.

OPI

As we were flying back on Valentines Day and Scott had euros left over he managed to sneak off and buy me this! It's Nina by Nina Ricci. It's a really lovely smell, I'm no perfume analyser though but according to CheapSmells it smells like this: 
Top Notes: Calabrese Lemon and Lime Caipirinha. 
Middle Notes: Red Toffee Apple, Vanilla Infusion, Moonflower and Peony Petals.
Base Notes: Apple Tree Wood, Cotton Musk and White Cedar.
It's really delicious and different to any of my other perfumes!

Nina

And finally, I treated myself to Lancome Hypnose Drama mascara. My sister uses this and I used it once and was amazed by it! To be honest, I'm not much of a mascara person. I have quite dark & full eyelashes anyway but I have found myself wearing this everyday. It lasts ages and doesn't smudge horribley when I take my make up off like some mascaras did (namely Benefit's bad gal. Urgh, hated that!). It gives really great volume and curl too. 

Lancome

Lancome

Aaaand that's pretty much all my beauty purchases for the next few months sorted! Ha! Have you bought anything nice lately? Do you find yourself splurging on make up or just buying a few select things that you need? P.S. Happy weekend everyone! 

29 comments:

  1. I love Nina Ricci perfume! My sister actually gave it to me a few years ago and it always makes me feel Springy and happy! It's such a light and memorable scent.


    xx
    A Journey to Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, no makeup purchases for me. I'm pondering some Protect & Perfect stuff though as I have a fod wrinkle developing - DOOM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought max factor lip tint today with my boots points as I've wanted to try it but I haven't wanted to actually buy it.

    I generally just buy things when they run out, the only thing I always try different brands in is mascara as I'm still to find one I really love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to be really in to makeup and beauty products and felt the need to have all the must haves etc,
    now I just buy what I love and what works for me! Love than nail polish :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That nail varnish is gorgeous! I dont tend to buy much make-up only when I really need it. I would love to buy more but just do not have the spare cash and would rather buy dresses haha! I love benefit but can only afford it off ebay or as gifts. I do have a OPI nail varnish I brought in a blog sale and I love it. On the look out for some more!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That nail varnish is gorgeous! I dont tend to buy much make-up only when I really need it. I would love to buy more but just do not have the spare cash and would rather buy dresses haha! I love benefit but can only afford it off ebay or as gifts. I do have a OPI nail varnish I brought in a blog sale and I love it. On the look out for some more!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That nail varnish is gorgeous! I dont tend to buy much make-up only when I really need it. I would love to buy more but just do not have the spare cash and would rather buy dresses haha! I love benefit but can only afford it off ebay or as gifts. I do have a OPI nail varnish I brought in a blog sale and I love it. On the look out for some more!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That nailpolish color is so pretty! I'm like you, I buy things as I need them and replace them when I run out :)

    Leia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lancome mascaras are the best, I don't mind paying extra for them because in my opinion no other brand can compare. They usually have a glittery version at Christmas too which is great for nights out.
    That opi colour is fab, I've not tried any of their polishes before. I'm a sucker for buying make up for the names too, I bought a polish because it was called Dazzling Gem
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm just like you, I just buy when I need it , but occasionally have a big splurge!
    What great buys!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the colour of that nail varnish, I am always really impressed by Opi! My sister loves that perfume but I am a BIG fan of Chloe :)

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Funnily enough, I've just bought a new Bad Gal mascara, and I don't know whether they've changed the formula or my old one was just manky, but the difference is awesome! Found some lashes I didn't even know I had! :D Love the colour (and name!) of that varnish :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a gorgeous nail colour!

    ReplyDelete
  14. great buys, i love the bottle shape of nina. does it smell as good as it looks?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great buys! Love the Nina Ricci perfume :)
    xoxo from Hannie

    ReplyDelete
  16. I only tend to relace the things I need, although I love lipstick and nail varnish. But perfume is my biggest vise.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loooooove Nina! I always spritz it on whenever I pass it by in a department store! And I'm also guilty of buying OPI varnishes because I liked the name. Brilliant marketing, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's such a cute perfume bottle by Nini Ricci- it's always a bonus when pretty-looking perfume bottles actually have nice smelling perfume inside!(as opposed to something that smells like a mixture of alcohol and stale soap). I'm not very adventurous when it comes to beauty products- I just have my staples which I buy when I need to (how boring!).

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely buys, love that colour nail polish on your nails!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great post dear! Looove the nail polish's color!
    Your blog is soooo inspiring! Following! Follow back? <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the color of the nailpolish!Follow me? I'd be very happy if you do it!
    Thank you so much!

    www.cipollainspiration.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. All my beauty buys are based solely on the cute names!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aww, this is beautiful!!
    I love it!! ♥
    xx

    Henar
    ..OH MY VOGUE!

    ReplyDelete
  24. brilliant post! I have the nina ricci perfume and its my favourite! i think ive gone through 3 botles now :S

    ive been looking for a mascara that actually works....lancome it is!

    i recently invested in the clinique 3 step regime....my skin is definately softer and feels 'cleaner'?!

    Looby xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. My favourite EVER perfume is Nina Ricci, you can't get it any more though. It was green with a pink lid. I love it, I have about three bottles squirrelled away still! I adore OPI too, it goes on so beautifully and doesn't chip. (I get it off American sellers on ebay, so cheap!) I loove that colour.

    ReplyDelete
  26. The perfume sounds lovely, mine just ran out so I'm looking for something new that smells lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I wear Nina by Nina Ricci, I was wearing it when I met my boyfriend a couple of years ago so when it ran out he asked me to go buy another! I prefer Ricci by Nina Ricci actually, it's the newer one with the purple bottle with a ribbon shape on the top, but I tend to save that one for night. It's a stronger smell I think.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails