Sunday, 27 March 2011

Cause you read it in a big book.

*
Shoes - Topshop
Dress - Miss Selfridge
Cardigan - Dorothy Perkins
Heart shape brooch - handmade


*
Shoes - Clarks
Dress - Dorothy Perkins
Cardi - Red Herring
Necklace - Primark

I am better now! I am so glad, being ill was very boring. I had 2 days bed rest and then was itching to get out and about. I went into Manchester on Saturday (and wore outfit number 2) to drop my engagement ring off to be resized, but when I came back I felt so worn out. Wasn't quite 100%. Today I think I am pretty much back to normal but I still haven't been for my usual Sunday run. I think I will visit the gym tomorrow after work and ease myself back into it. I can't believe how much I've missed the gym and running while I've been ill!

While I was ill I pretty much just listened to 6 music and slept on the settee. I have to say I will miss 6 music when I go back into work tomorrow. I love the Lauren Laverne show, she got me through all of my assignments for my MA. I am hoping she may get me through my dissertation too. I would go into the library early and work right through her show until 1, then break for lunch. I was mega productive in those 3 hours! (Maybe the huge flask of coffee helped too...)

The first outfit above is what I wore for a christening today. The little brooch is the result of my handy work while I was off ill (in between sleeping and listening to 6 music, I also crocheted hearts a fair bit). I used my Dad's glue gun to glue a brooch back on to it and I love it! I will try to get a close up of the heart. I also bought some hair slide backs so I could make them into hair clips. Watch this space for them!

P.S. I've had a little spring clean on my blog too, I like simple layouts and I think this is very fresh & clean for spring.

28 comments:

  1. Love both these outfit, perfect for spring. Glad you're feeling better, hope you're back to 100% soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. both outfits are lovely, but i especially like the spotty cardigan with the red brooch. i have to get a glue gun! id love to make some crafty little bits and bobs. glad you're feeling better

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I saw your crocheted hearts, my first thought was "they would make awesome brooches"! I might have to try my hand at them, I've been cross-stitching brooches recently but I used to knit & crochet all the time so I should really get back to it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to hear you're feeling better :) I love both outfits- especially the second one, I have a thing for floral prints! Can't wait to see a close up of your brooch- looks very cute ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your cardigan & brooch combo in outfit no 1! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you're better now :) And looking gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving the new layout, both these outfits, & the possibility of crochet brooch/hairclips! You little seamstress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the second outfit, it looks so fresh and summery.

    Glad to hear you are feeling better.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad your feeling better and go you on the motivation! I love days like that feel like less of a failure when it comes to Uni work haha!
    Looking lovely as always!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad your feeling better! I've taken my old digital radio into work just so I can listen to 6 music, I love Lauren!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute outfits! Great color. Glad you are feeling better:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. glad you feel good!!enjoy spring..u look wondeful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Being ill is incredibly boring! Glad you are feeling better! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the new layout but i'm missing the list of blogs, will these be making a comeback? have found some lovely blogs via yours.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The blog is looking lovely, I'm going to tidy mine up soon although I'm not too good at these things.
    Love both of your colourful outfits :)
    I was on 6 music once for 2 hours! I was on the listeners 6 mix on Sunday with the Queens of Noize. I love love love Lauren Laverne, her old band Kenickie were fab too
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad yuo are feeling better!

    Lauren Laverne is awesome, and I love the brooch you made - so pretty, and sounds like you were pretty productive even while being ill!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad you are feeling better, I hate being ill! I love the second outfit, the red is such a lovely vibrant shade :)The brooch is super cute though, can't believe you were so productive, I normally just sleep if I'm ill!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I also hate to feel sick!!! but is true that when you are just bad a little you can take advantage of your time doing things as reading, painting....I still remember that when I was a kid and had to be at home I used to paint a whole draws book :)

    hope you are better now and with the second outfit you are georgeous ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the new blog design Helen! And very glad you're feeling better too. I get terrible tonsilitis so I definitely empathise!

    Lauren Laverne is really great! She's the only DJ I know who has actually played Ryan Adams recently. Which gets a huge tick in my book! Though I'm not too fond of her on that C4 10 O'Clock show to be honest!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Helen, I love both of these outfits!

    Re the car boot sales, I only really go to the cricket club one (I think it's May-Sept). Claire House has a few throughout the year but they're never that good. There are a few that pop up that I've never managed to get to - one on Aigburth Road and one at the TA opposite Tesco in Mossley Hill. I've been to one which is tucked away in Old Swan which was EXCELLENT for vintage stuff - I think some of the guys must do house clearances or something. Must go back to that one!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Cute dress I love the floral print :)

    The Flower Girl

    thebohemiangoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Glad to read that you're feeking much better now! Love both outfits, loving the bold colours in your blue dress and the red cardi!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm glad you're feeling better :) You look lovely in both outfits and I also loved the new look of the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous outfits! I love love love your red shoes <3

    KF x

    ReplyDelete
  25. cute photos! i love both the outfits :)
    Rosie xo
    http://rosiesherratt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love both these outfits - I had the second dress but I took it back, it was just toooo tight and low-cut (I see your sneaky black vest there!). Looks gorgeous on you though, makes me regret my choice! Glad you're feeling better! Love the new layout too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. cute! love it!

    nice blog

    come by
    http://spela-digitaltraveler.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails