Wednesday, 22 June 2011

Father's day

Sunday Sunday
Skirt - New Look
T-shirt - H&M
Bow brooch - Primark
Cardigan - Zara

This is what I wore on Sunday for Father's Day, we just had a paella with my grandparents and I made a yummy cake which I will share later this week. This outfit was quite unusual for me really because there is NO red in it! I don't wear purple often either, but I do like jewel colours including purple. I had to add a bit of red in the form of my lipstick though. I wore this for most of the day but then got changed into my old scruffy jeans to do some DIY with Scott in the garden. Last weekend we bought an old bench on eBay for £3! Well, technically we won it for £2.40 but we gave them £3 and felt a bit cheeky asking for the 60p change. It was still a complete bargain although it needed sanding down and re-varnishing. Luckily my Dad has an electric sander so we used that. God knows how long it would have taken if we had to do it all by hand! 

Bench - before

Here is the bench before, with Nina modelling it. It was being used in their bathroom so the water had obviously damaged it slightly and worn the varnish down. It was also quite scratched & just scruffy looking.

Bench afterwards

Bench after

And here it is after! This time with Pepe showing it off. The wood is so lovely when it's naked, it looks like a completely new bench. I bet that would be sold in Ikea for about £30! Which is still cheap, but not quite £3. I did about 10% of the work and Scott did 90% of it, teamwork! Yeah! I'm going to get to work on some other DIY projects though, like making matching cushions for our wallpaper. We went to the house on Saturday to measure up and we're getting a bit of a clearer idea of exactly how we want it. We're not quite sure when we will get the keys because they are still conveyancing, but hopefully in July. 

24 comments:

  1. What a great outfit! I love the bow brooch and those colours really suit you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, cute father's day outfit! Paella is so delicious, I haven't had it in years...

    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting! The bench looks great, I liked your 10% teamwork me and Ali did it like that as well hehe x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A nice twist on the sailor theme.
    Good work with bench; it's come up really well and shown off to perfection by Pepe!
    Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've done wonders with the bench! Are you planning to stain/varnish it or just keep it as it is?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bow looks so cute pinned on your tshirt, great idea. I think I have the same zara cardigan too. Such a nice, bright blue :)

    Your bench looks lovely, are you going to paint it a bright colour or keep it more natural?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very jealous of your eBay bargain! You've done a lovely job getting it up to scratch! X

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree, the bench looks much nicer in natural than before, nice work!
    I love that you put the bright blue cardi, it makes the look!

    ReplyDelete
  9. aaaw look at Nina! I'm moving on Friday and the owner has left a lovely old wardrobe there which I might sand and paint cream, love a bit of DIY.
    I love the blue and purple together, I never really put those two colours together but I might have to give it a try xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your dogs are so cute I can't stand it! Also, love your outfit and the table looks amazing after you guys sanded it. You're right; it does look brand new!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't believe the cheeky ebayers didn't offer you your change! I went to pick up a £19.99 fireplace with Dad recently and the lady was ready with the penny!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That bench was such a bargain- and it looks beautiful sanded back. I love the little white bow on your top, purple suits you :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute dog! Love the bow brooch idea too x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good work on the bench! It'd be nice finished with a bit of wax... i hand-sanded two chairs, it was an absolute nightmare...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your outfit, The bow tee is so cute! What a benchy bargain! It looks fab now its all sanded down and your dogs look sweet modelling it too :)
    Rachelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing job on the bench!! I'm really impressed with your skills (and Scotts :P) And you look lovely in your outfit- although it was a bit strange for a second seeing you with no red on :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the outfit and awwww the two dogs are so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for visiting my blog & for your sweet comments! You are absolutely adorable and so are the pups. Aww :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the jewel colours on you and that bench is such a bargain and it looks fab! The doggies are so cute too! :)

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi! :) Yay thats so exciting about the house!! I can wait to have a nice little house of my own and start buying/DIY-ing cool things for it :) Thanks for your nice comment on my outfit post! :)

    Kc

    http://a-sparkley-silver-lining.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so lovely! Love anything with giant bows on it :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is such a pretty dress! You have a great sense of style. :)

    And that bench is so cute! I can't believe it was so inexpensive- that is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails