I can't quite believe it's June already! Here is a quick recap of things I've been up to:
- Gardening and baking. My blackcurrant plants have produced a real bounty of blackcurrants, so I baked a lovely blackcurrant and almond cake. It was so moist & delicious. The recipe for it can be found here. My courgette plants are just starting to become established so hopefully I will have a glut of courgettes in a few weeks if the snails can keep off them, and my strawberry plants are currently going bananas.
- Crocheting again! I made this little cafetiere cosy over the weekend WITH NO PATTERN! Well, I found a pattern in this book from the library, but when I started looking at it I realised that it was too big and not suitable for my cafetiere as the handles are at different positions so I just made it up. It's a bit slapdash on the bit where it buttons together as you can see here, but I'm really pleased with it overall. I need to teach myself to stop missing stitches or adding extra ones in though when working in rows! I find crocheting in the round so much easier for some reason.
- Aaand.. buying a house! It is really scary and I've been trying to keep quiet about it because I'm paranoid like that, but things seem to be going smoothly at the moment and the survey's been done and the solicitors are starting to do their thing so it seems a bit more real now. It's been quite stressful at times because you want to do so much to help the process along but you can't; and then there's the money worries too. But I am so excited about our first house together and can't wait to get in and decorate. Here's hoping the rest of the process goes smoothly! (I am still oh so paranoid something will go terribly wrong and we'll be heartbroken...wish us luck!)
- Running & shredding. Oh my gosh, I am SO achey today after doing the 30 Day Shred yesterday! I never used to ache like that after it but I'm thinking maybe this is a good sign that I'm actually putting more effort in now that I'm fitter? I also have a black toenail at the moment from running because my trainers are actually terrible now, but I'm getting new ones for my birthday next month hopefully.
- And looking forward to the Manchester Meet-up! This Saturday between 2-4 at Nexus, Dale Street, Manchester, a group of fashion bloggers are meeting up for tea & cake to discuss blogging and meet each other. I'm really looking forward to it and hope that afterwards some of the other bloggers enthusiasm will rub off on me and I can throw myself back into the blog, because although I have felt at times like deleting it, I have also missed it too. Please come along to the meet up if you're in the North West or invite any bloggers you know in the area!