Sunday, 12 June 2011

The meet up!

Saturday

Yesterday was the day of the meet up! I was so worried that no-one would turn up because even in the last week a lot of people ended up not being able to come, but it was a lovely day as 7 bloggers met up in Manchester, chatted about blogs (and how weird non-bloggers think we are), ate cake and went vintage shopping. Everyone was so so lovely! I wore my new bargain dress from New Look which was £15. (I'm on a bit of a self imposed clothes shopping ban because of the house, but I couldn't resist this as it was such a bargain.) My lovely blue necklace is a vintage find from Etsy. 

*

Here are the lovely bloggers! L-R Zoe of Penny Blossoms, Danielle of A Blog from Blackpool, Joanna of Mrs Bossa does the Do, Char of t*rexes & tiaras, Alex of Odd Socks and Pretty Frocks and Pearl of Fashion Pearls of Wisdom. 

Cake

Walrus

I couldn't eat yummy food and not take a photo of it! The first photo is a lovely piece of carrot cake that I had in Nexus and the second photo is the yummy bento box I had in Walrus. 

*

*

We then went around some vintage shops in the Northern Quarter in Manchester and some of us tried on some clothes (I was veeeeery good with my clothes shopping ban and was sorely tempted but resisted) I loved the dress that Pearl tried on above but she didn't buy it. Alex also bought an amazing Lowry-esque print blouse. After I left Mrs B, Pearl & Alex all tried on jump suits and there are some photos on their blogs of that; I was sad I missed out on that! It looked like such a giggle. The whole afternoon was so much fun and absolutely flew by. We hope that we can arrange some more meet ups and events like this in the future. This was the first time I had ever met any fellow bloggers and it was so nice to discuss things like the pain of taking outfit photos in the winter, switching from blogspot to wordpress and having to explain 'umm yes I take photos of myself and put them on the Internet' to people who don't read blogs! 

28 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely day :) Shame I couldn't make it! If you do anymore in the north west I'll be sure to come!
    Rachelle xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a lot of fun, i soo want to go on a bloggers meet up now :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you all had a great time, I love meeting other Bloggers. I'm gutted that I couldn't make it, i still haven't been vintage shopping in Manchester properly. Maybe next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man why didn't I buy that dress!!! Hmmm may have to go see if it is still there later in the week. Such a fun day xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow - SO much fun! Can I come next time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like great fun :) Hope you have another meet up, I would love to come to the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like great fun :) Hope you have another meet up, I would love to come to the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was a lovely afternoon thanks for sorting it all out!XX

    ReplyDelete
  10. You all look wonderful! I love your charming floral frock; very 1950's chic! =)

    http://pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. That Bento box looks so so good! It looks like you had a lovely time, I'd love to go to Manchester! I love your dress in the very top photo too (:

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks like you had a fab time x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like fun!! :) I wish there was more bloggers in my area to catch up with. Lucky you! :)

    Kc

    http://a-sparkley-silver-lining.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Haha, I love that last sentence! It always makes me feel better to talk about such random thing with people who understand them. I'm dreading winter - may have to rearrange the furniture so I can find an appropriate wall to use as a backdrop for outfit photos.

    It was fab to finally meet you Helen :) We'll defo have to do it again - maybe Liverpool in a couple of months?

    ps - no way was your dress from New Look! I meant to ask you about it but forgot - I was convinced it was from somewhere super pricey as it's so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad you all had a great time (and that people actually turned up!- that's my worst fear when organising social events). I love your daisy print dress- it's very mid-90's :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm always halfway through the meal when I remember to take photos of the food. Food blog fail. Oh, it must be so much fun to have blogger meet-ups!

    Arianne from A + B in the Sea

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely pictures, your dress is dead nice.

    I'm in Manchester quite regularly, if I'd have been up I'd have loved to join you guys. Love Nexus!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That last sentence made me laugh, makes it sound so sordid! :D Looks like a lovely day! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks like you all had a fab day :) I love that dress! I got it for my birthday, it's one of the most flattering cuts I've ever seen and you look absolutely gorgeous in it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ahh looks like a fun day out - You all look fab! Also love the dress Pearl tried on - Why didn't she get it? Its gorgeous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, that looks like so much fun! hehe, yes I guess it can be quite nice sharings thoughts on blog- related things, people without one simply wouldn't understand!

    ReplyDelete
  22. you all look beautiful ladies! love your dress helen :) hope theres more northern meet ups, i'd love to meet you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. 'umm yes I take photos of myself and put them on the Internet'

    thats SO funny! its why not many people in my real life know about my blog, hehe.

    must've been so nice to meet like-minded people and have a nice girly day :) and your foodie pictures are making me hungry! x

    ReplyDelete
  24. That's such a cute dress, it really suits you. My friend has it too and I was jealous when I saw her wearing it! A girl can never have too many floral, 1950s style frocks.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love that dress, and I'm so glad the meetup went well!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh wow, this looks amazing! I'm going to the SW Bloggers Meet on Thursday and I'm really nervous. This post made me sooo excited for it though. :D x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh wow looks like an amazing time was had by all! So glad you all had fun, wish I could have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  28. How fabulous, perphaps one day I might meet you all.
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails