Wednesday, 29 June 2011

We're going to the chapel...

DSC01102

DSC01221
Dress - courtesy of Very.co.uk
Shoes - Topshop
Fascinator - handmade
Handbag - ? 

This is what I wore to Connie & Phu's wedding. The dress was sent to me via Very.co.uk and I really love the colour of it. It's a good job really because on the website the photo of it is very pale blue, whereas as you can see above it's more of a turquoise! I think I would have been so annoyed if I had bought it especially because of the colour, but luckily I prefer this turquoise colour. It was such a lovely weekend! It was quite stressful getting 90 cupcakes and one 3 layer cake down to Portmeirion in Wales, down all of the windy roads with unbelievably tight corners and hidden dips. A few of the cakes got smooshed, oops. Luckily I had baked a lot of spare ones so we were a-okay! The couple loved the cakes and I got lots of compliments on it so all the stress was worth it. Not sure if I will do it again but it was worth it once we got there in one piece!

cupcakes & cake

Pretty snazzy even if I do say so myself! 

The wedding was in Portmeirion which is a lovely little village that was built as a rich architect's personal project between 1925 and the 1970s. It was modelled on Italian villages but built into the Welsh hillside. It's a really quirky and unusual place, but was such a lovely place for a wedding. The food was also AMAZING. We had a chocolate & coffee tart with horlicks ice cream with dessert, it was so delicious. 


Portmeirion

It was lovely to travel to somewhere new we'd never been before for a wedding. However after having a weekend away it now feels like I'm still catching up with everything! I have so many errands to do and washing to catch up on. Hey ho. Congratulations Connie & Phu! 

P.S. I caught the bouquet too! (Is it cheating since we're already engaged? I dunno..but everyone told me to go up and I caught it! Haha!)

30 comments:

  1. You look beautiful Helen. Such a lovely dress, the colour looks great on you. Those cakes look delicious, well done! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely outfit and the cakes look fab. I'd much prefer something personal like those rather than paying a fortune on a traditional wedding cake.

    I love Portmeirion, such a lovely place. I'd never thought of it as a wedding destination but seeing those pictures you can see its perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Portmerion! We used to go there when I was little x

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the lace detailing and colour of you dress, you look lovely helen. the cakes you made look beautiful, too. you are so talented! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh you did a fabulous job on the cakes, they look srumptious and beautiful.

    Outfit is lovely too, I adore turqoise!

    Loveaudrey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. that dress is lovely on you helen! a really nice colour blue too. very very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cakes look fab (as do you) - I bought myself some jumbo piping nozzles last weekend to try and do fantastic frosting like that, would welcome any tips!! My cakes are tasty they just look like a dog's dinner! I'd love to go to Portmeirion one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a droll mish-mashy house! It looks a bit like a crazy wedding cake too! Those cupcakes look lovely and I'm sure they taste great even squashed!

    Arianne from A + B in the Sea

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks like a really cool wedding location, and you look super pretty! That color is so nice on you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look stunning, that fascinator is beautiful and the vibrant turquoise really suits you. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. you look stunning in that colour!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh! That Very dress looks stunning on you - and I agree about the colour issue! I definitely prefer this bright blue, it's so eye-catching and quite flattering. Perfect for summer!

    x Michelle | thefeatherden.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looking stunning. The colour of the dress is fantastic.

    You caught the bouquet eh? Is that wedding bells I hear?

    Your cake making is fantastic! well done.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Definitely not cheating to catch the bouquet! I would love to catch one too. The dress is gorgeous!

    And the cakes, wow! Fancy doing mine too? hehe x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those cakes are amazing, you did a fantastic job!

    Love the dress, it is such a different colour to the one on the website though, as you say, very weird!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE this colour on you and those cakes look LOVELY, I still don't know how you managed to transport them all!

    Maria xxx

    P.S. I hope you ate the smooshed ones ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow awesome job on the cake and cupcakes!! :) they look amazing! :) I'm doing my best friends wedding cake in Jan next year, I'll have to plan how to do it too as the place they are getting married is 5 hours drive from where I live...hopefully it will be ok!! :)

    Kc

    http://a-sparkley-silver-lining.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look so gorgeous in that colour! And your cakes are, as ever, amazing.

    I caught the bouquet a couple of years ago - since then, several people who were in that crowd have got married and I am still single. The superstition is lies! Not for you though, obvs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh you look stunning.

    You make me want to go shopping and fill my arms with a whole bunch of colour pop dresses, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You look gorgeous in that dress, and you did a brilliant job with the cupcakes! Congratulations to Connie and Phu! <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow your cakes look great! What flavour did you go for? Congratulations on transporting them too! A few years ago I had to take a couple of trays of cupcakes and a trifle to my aunty and uncle's silver wedding anniversary party. It was only a 15 mile drive but keeping the trifle in one piece was pretty scary!

    Love the colour and lace detail of your dress, looks very pretty on you.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look absolutely adorable! And your cupcakes look delish!

    Leia

    ReplyDelete
  23. You look SO pretty, that dress is perfect on you!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I didn't know you guys are engaged! Well, congratulations I guess! :) It's nice to know the result of your crazy journey- I've seen twitter updates about that :) They look immaculately well preserved and super da duper yummy :) !!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The turquoise dress looks really pretty on you! I love your fascinator too. And those cakes look divine!

    *Ena*

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your dress is so darling! <3 I love the headpiece too!

    x
    Lost in the Haze

    ReplyDelete
  27. You did a fantastic job with the cupcakes- they look great (and so do you in that beautiful blue dress!). I remember seeing Portmeirion on a travel show and desperately wanting to visit there one day! Looks like it was a gorgeous wedding :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. oh! that dress is lovely! as are the cupcakes and cake! well done!

    and how exciting to have a wedding in portmeirion - where the prisoner was filmed!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. the cakes look amazing, as do you! i love the colour of the dress too.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I think the ITV show "The Prisoner" was set in the very same location as your friends wedding!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails