Tuesday, 14 June 2011

You said everything about it moved on your career.

Thursday

Dress - Primark
Shoes - Primark

Oh. My. Gosh. An entirely Primark outfit! Considering that I haven't bought anything except for tights and knickers in Primark for about 2 years this is quite a feat. The dress was a sale find and only cost £5! I love wearing it for work, but my only gripe is that it has no pockets and also sometimes the bow undoes itself and I don't notice and spend the day looking like I can't dress myself. 

Oh yes, I never mentioned my haircut in my last post! I went for the chop and really like it. It is so much healthier than before and also so much easier to style in the morning. I've transferred libraries recently so have a bit of a longer journey to work so any saved time in the morning is a winner for me. I hated how long it would take for my hair to dry and then style.

I've also been buying and making a few new house things for our move! Below is a utensil holder from Laura Ashley that I love so much. I'm a sucker for anything owl shaped really! When I bought it I thought it was a vase, then my Mum suggested it would make a nice utensil holder and I noticed on the sticker it is actually a utensil holder. So I'll use it as that because it's so pretty it deserves to be on display all the time and not just when I have flowers in the house. 

New utensil holder



I also made my heart garland! I am quite pleased with it but would have liked some yellow yarn in there too. I just used yarn that I had in my crochet bags though so it was technically free and only took me a weekend to make. I like short and sweet projects like that, so that I can practice different techniques and have a quick result, but I would also really, really love to crochet a big blanket one day. 

Have you been making anything lately?

27 comments:

  1. On the subject of crocheting big blankets, I'm making http://novamade.typepad.com/novamade/2010/01/the-coolest-thing-ive-ever-made.html at the moment - it's my first crochet project and I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT OWL! Love it!
    Love the garland too! Ive been wanting to aim towards making a garland, however my crochet skills are not developing at great speed! :-( I also want to make a heart one!
    Ive just finished making some felt/cross stitch brooches which were enjoyable to make, QUICK! I love short snappy projects, sense of achievement! Im also working on the "Switch" By Cath Kidson free gift, a purse. That is taking me quite some time rather annoying (my other purse has broken!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your haircut is adorable! And I love that owl. Great work on your heart garland. It looks so cute. We are moving to a new apartment and I'm anxious to redecorate and make some new things too. Maybe I'll try this:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute owl that will perfectly decorate your future kitchen.
    If you are looking for a colorful blanket to crochet, have a look at http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=124&d_id=1

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the owl holder! I'm an owl-addicted too.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely haircut! And the utensil holder is so sweet! I'm very much into everything Laura Ashley, so I must love the owl :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That owl utensil holder makes me squeal, it's so cute! I'll be making a flag for Glastonbury this week...so I can find my tent!x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your dress! You look so lovely in it. I love the owl too, I need it in my kitchen, haha.

    *Ena*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, your hair is so short now! :O But it is still really beautiful! Love the dress ^^ also, I would love to learn crochet (but is it hard?) greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your hair looks amazing and I love the dress! I have been looking at the owl in Laura Ashley.... they have a few nice owl bits at the moment including cushions. I want them all! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your new hair looks gorgeous Helen! I keep going out in all Primark outfits too! In fact today my shoes cost more than my entire outfit and they were £35 haha!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this dress its pretty looks lovely on you:) X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh I haven't crocheted in ages! My mum and Granny crocheted me a bedspread for my 21st birthday and it's quite possibly the best present I've ever received (apart from my camera!)

    Your heart garlands look really cute, would look pretty above a bed or across a mantlepiece. Can't wait to see how you kit out your new house!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That utensil holder is an absolute joy. We have a giant red pot thing which is definitely useful but not even on the same cuteness scale as the owl!

    ps - no way are you too short for maxis! I'm only 5'2 and everyone has been telling me today I look really tall - I think they have amazing lengthening powers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your dress, and that owl is the cutest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looking lovely in red my dear.

    Buying things and making things for a new home is so exciting. I remember when we brought our house it was a scary and exhilarating time.

    I've only make meals and cakes of late. Haven't had any spare time.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I agree that little 'quick result' projects are fun... I've been knitting a sweater for over a year now but keep getting bored and distracted by smaller projects. I really like the garland... now that I've learnt to knit I should turn my attention to crochet...

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hardly buy anything from primark anymore... but that dress is lovely and a bargain :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. ooh, I have a major crush on your heart garland! I just learnt how to crochet a few days ago :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. Primark is super overwhelming! I'm glad you found such a cute dress, and the haphazard bow could be considered a nonchalant style quirk. ;P

    Arianne from A + B in the Sea

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've been in the new house for almost three weeks now and I still haven't got sooo much stuff I need for it! I just find there's no time, haha! Loving the utensils holder, yet another thing I need to add to my never ending list of things i need to get! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. what a bargain, you look very sweet and chic! x

    ReplyDelete
  23. I LOVE the owl utensil holder <3 and your haircut looks fab :D

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your posts even more at the moment because our lives kind of line up and I'm moving soon too - so all your little homely touches are even lovelier to me. The owl is so cute! I've been looking to start crocheting for a while and may make it my summer challenge, Loving the garland. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. The heart garland is LOVELY! Amazing! x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails