Sunday, 10 July 2011

23

Loafers - Tesco
Dress - Topshop
Cardigan - M&S
Handbag - Asos

It was my birthday yesterday but because we have been so busy/stressed with the house purchase, I wasn't that excited at all. Even Scott commented that he might have forgot because I wasn't giving him the daily countdown like I usually do every year. I guess as you get older birthdays become less of a big deal. We decided to venture to The Tate Liverpool to go and see the new Magritte exhibition.


It was such a lovely day in Liverpool, it's so nice being by the water when it's sunny. It was still really windy though as it always is in Liverpool. I had a few Marilyn Monroe moments in that dress! The Magritte exhibition was really good and interesting, it included some of his personal photos too which I really loved. I really love surrealism, it's always done with so much actual artistic talent but so much imagination too. 

After the exhibition, we hit up Habitat to stock up on some frames for the house. It's sad that it's closing down in Liverpool and people are losing their jobs in an already dire job market, but on the other hand the sale has come at a good time for us too. We bought £150 worth of stuff for £100 and framed lots of our art last night too. 

If everything goes to plan, we should have the keys to the house in less than 2 weeks! I can't wait to get in, but we have a few things to do before we can move in. It's exciting but also nerve wracking. I imagine that blog posts may become even more sporadic once we move in, but I can always been caught tweeting @afeitar

20 comments:

  1. Oh gosh that photo of the docks has made me miss home so much! Glad you had a nice birthday, you can have a big one you get excited about next year in the new place :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a great birthday and my, the docks look nice (can't help but think of the film Nowhere Boy or the old This Morning studios!) :) The exhibition sounds really good - I'd love to see it but I'm not sure if I should make the journey from London just for that. Obviously visiting the city would be nice... would you advise it? Oooo moving house sounds very exciting and stressful at the same time - hope everything goes to plan and well done on the Habitat swag xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. 2 weeks isn't very long to wait at all, how exciting!!
    Hope you had a lovely birthday xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's exciting about the house! :) moving is such hard work but it's worth it when you have your own place that you can decorate however you like :) happy birthday!

    Kc

    http://a-sparkley-silver-lining.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a lovely birthday and huge congrats about the house! Such a great step forward! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loafers from Tesco?
    wow, I'm really jelous, I have no idea how you manage to find such awesome stuff in there!

    xXx

    Fashion Launderette

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd have bumped into you there if I'd been more of a modern art fan. Mum and I were having a cultural sort of day and she really wanted to go and see the Magritte exhibition but that type of art really isn't my thing so we went to the Walker instead which kept us both very happy. She's going with someone else - it would have been totally wasted on me.

    2 weeks till the house? Eek!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy late birthday miss Helen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday! I got some bargains in Habitat too but am very sad it's closing. Hope all the house moving goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very happy (belated) birthday! And lots of fun with your new house!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I went to the Picasso exb last year at the Tate, I really liked the museum itself and the docks.
    I have to say i've never been into Habitat, but some of the things look lovely as a lot of my friends seem to have furnished their places with some things from there.
    Good luck with the house!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you had a lovely time in Liverpool.... I have only been a few times but I did like it there!

    Good luck with the move, you must show us some pics of your new place once you're settled! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. happy happy birthday!!!

    we loved the tate in liverpool, I totally want to go back just for that and the pub lol.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you had a lovely birthday! I am still at the excitable stage with birthdays :P Hope the move isn't too stressful either :)

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Soooooooo exciting about the house move! Can't wait to see your interior photos.

    ReplyDelete
  16. happy belated birthday! and how exciting aboiut the move. We didn't buy our flat til I was 26! It was SO exciting, I bet it is for you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, moving in to your own house must be so exciting! Happy belated birthday, by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. ohh, i hope you had a good birthday! i have no idea what liverpool is like, but the picture of you makes it look really exotic! haha x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy belated birthday! You look lovely in that dress.

    I've also noticed how a big birthday celebration isn't as necessary as it was in the past, so long as you get to share the day with loved ones.

    My b-day was on Saturday, too, and it was just a casual, low key dinner, but lovely all the same. xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the blue/red/yellow combo! So cheerful for a summer day.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails