Wednesday, 28 September 2011

Are you a Fearne or a Holly?

Sunday

Bow ring

Dress - c/o Very
Shoes - Topshop
Necklace - Primark
Belt - Asos
Ring - Accessorize

Since we've been doing the house up, I've had very little opportunity to dress up in a pretty dress and heels. I wear smart dresses everyday for work, but some dresses are just *too* nice to wear for work I always think. Plus I can't wear heels for work as I am on my feet all day, it's just impractical! DIYing has meant that my home uniform has become a scruffy pair of old, torn jeans and an old primark t-shirt. Not exactly classy, but practical all the same when it comes to painting and oiling and general DIYing. Hence why I have had this dress sitting in my old wardrobe for well over a month. 

The folks at Very sent me this dress from the Holly Willoughby collection and at first I was dubious and thought I'd made a bad choice..when I tried it on it felt too long and frumpy looking. But anything can become classy & sophisticated once you pop on your favourite pair of high heels! I love some of the clothes in the Holly Willoughby collection because they're very vintage inspired and remind me of something that Joan in Mad Men would wear. I also like the Fearne Cotton collection though; I'd like to think that my style is a blend of the two of them. I like the classics cuts of Holly's collection, but also like the more eccentric patterns and interesting colours that are in Fearne's collection. Are you a Fearne or a Holly

23 comments:

  1. You look amazing! I'm a big patterns girl so i'm probably more of a fearne. x hivenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, I like a mix of both. I quite like the Diana Vickers line too.
    Love the polka dots xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. definitely a fearne! hollys are nice too but FC's clothes just have a bit more to them i think.

    also, can't wait to see more piccies of your house! so jealous. i hate renting. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely a Fearne! That dress looks lovely on you x

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry to buck the trend but i think i'm a Dee Vee girl, just for two of the items! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cant believe I hadn't actually seen any of these collections...

    I think I'm with you and a bit of both, though I do have a girl crush on Holly lol, shes adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your so right that a dress can totally be transformed by the shoes you wear it with. I think I'm definitely a Fearne!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh lovely!

    I've never looked into Holly's collection but I own a few of Fearnes. Think I'll have a little gander now :)

    Katie xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. I admit I've only ever looked at Fern's collection before now. That dress looks fab on you! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a lovely dress, I'm going to have to have a look at both of the collections now! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh I do love your choice! The polkadots are very you!

    I think I'm drawn towards Fearne's collection the most though, overall, though there's loads in both I love!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm always torn between the both! I love Fearne for being out-there & unpredictable & exciting, whereas Holly is very classic & womanly & reliable & I love her for that. (Phil is watching me type this & he wants the entire world to know that he loves Holly. Hmph.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Probably Holly, just because I hate Fearne with a fiery and completely illogical passion!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this dress on you! LOVE polka dots! But I'm definitely a Fearne... think her clothes are a tad edgier than Hollie's and more my style!

    The Deer Head

    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, love your shoes! Thanks for the comment on my blog & the heads up on the web version of instagram ... whoo!
    Kelly xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the way you styled it; that ring is the cutest! I like pieces in both collections, so I guess I am a mix too:) xo, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd say I'm more a Fearne, but I actually am not keen on the stuff in her this season's collection. I especially hate the way things are described as "vintage" when they're plainly brand new and should surely be "vintage inspired". I love polka dots, but think I'd prefer this dress to be a couple of inches shorter.

    ReplyDelete
  18. i am one million percent a Holly! Lovely dress xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. A mix I think, I prefer Fearne as a person though I think :)

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. i'm definitely a fearne. but this dress is so pretty, you'll get a lot of wear out of this i'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm a Fearne with a bit of Holly when it comes to nights out or weddings :-) both are super cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ah I didn't know they had their own collections, will have to have a nose at them. I'm a Fearne I think - I don't have the body (boobs!) for Holly's style!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails