- Enjoying walks around Sefton Park, which is just a stones throw from our house.
- Visited Center Parcs with my family, where it rained. A lot.
- Had a paint trauma in the guest room which involved us peeling back about 27 layers of old paint back to the plaster.
- Drank the BEST coffee I've ever had in the UK at our new local coffee shop that opened a fortnight ago.
- Snaffled this blanket from my Nana for our house. Score!
- Enjoyed the Liverpool Food Festival, notably Jamaican Me Stormy cocktails from Santa Chupitos.
- Got our kitchen fitted, finally! I love it so much. (It is not blue, that is just the protective film. It's really high gloss white underneath.) We will be getting it tiled soon and then it will be completely finished.
- And last night was spent wallpapering in the dining room. We also painted our blackboard wall this week which is just underneath it. I love the contrast between the wallpaper and the blackboard wall. Cannot wait to get this room finished, we just need new flooring fitted.
Our aim is to be properly moved in by the end of October, so about 6 more weeks to go. We probably underestimated how much would need doing on the house when we bought it, and there have been many set backs like finding damp patches, water leaks, gas leaks, bubbling & peeling paint and breaking radiators. However, it is so satisfying to see the progress we have made compared to the 'before' photos, and I will be sharing some more updated photos soon. I am also loving living in Liverpool. The location of our house is absolutely perfect. I just can't wait until we can spend less time DIY-ing and more time enjoying the area around us. Hope everyone is well, tell me what you've all been up to the last month!