Tuesday, 13 September 2011

Liverpool food & drink festival

Liverpool food & drink festival

Liverpool food & drink festival

Liverpool food & drink festival

Liverpool food & drink festival

Last weekend we went to the Liverpool food & drink festival and sampled some of the best food in the North-West. Lots of my favourite scouse food shops & restaurants were there, including Lunya, The Ship & Mitre, Raggas, The Chocolate Cellar and The Monro. We also sampled some new food from Chilli Banana, a thai restaurant on Lark Lane. We watched Aiden Byrne doing a butchery demonstration & drank cocktails from Santa Chupitos (Jamaican Me Stormy is my favourite: rum, ginger beer & fresh lime juice mmm.) Sadly we couldn't stay much longer as we had joiners in fitting our kitchen, so we took them back some takeaway fish & chips from the James Monro and then marveled at our new kitchen. The festival was really good for £4. I know some people complained about having to pay because other years it has been free, but as someone who has visited the Good Food Show (or Masterchef Live as it is now called) two years in a row, Liverpool Food & Drink festival was definitely value for money. 

19 comments:

  1. Annoyed I missed it this year! I love going and trying all the different rood :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, it looks great, I love food festivals, and I love your skirt too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute skirt! you should let us know where it was from. Love the wellies too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A food festival is my idea of heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks like fun.

    Loving the red wells.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm gutted I couldn't go this year. Looks like you had lots of fun though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks like a fun day! I went to the foodie fest at edinburgh a few weeks ago and it was really fun! Love your wellies xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE your wellies, they are amazing!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds delicious :) I love your red wellies, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the red wellies!!

    I have moved my blog now to http://fashionpearlsofwisdom.co.uk/ thought I best tell you in case you can't find me! I have a redirect on my old URL but on some peoples blog rolls and google reader it isn't updating when I post until they change it to the new one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i really want to go to a food festival but there are none around here i don't think! i love your wellies too! where are they from? xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooo is this annual? I love a good food festival, this one might be worth the journey from Manchester! Love your block colours skirt/wellies combination. X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Helen,

    I love your blog! Wanted to share this with you, I'm not sure if you'd heard about it - little sculptures left in Edinburgh's libraries in support of keeping libraries open, thought you might like it :)

    http://community.thisiscentralstation.com/_Mysterious-paper-sculptures/blog/4991767/126249.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds good, and I love your outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The sky looks gorgeous!

    Love Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love a good food festival! I went to the Leeds one in July and really loved it. It was free so I went for at least an hour everyday! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. a food festival sounds right up my street yum yum yum. Love you yellow and red outfit =)


    Bow Dream Nation xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wish I'd been able to go!

    My brother was telling me about Santa Chupitos last night and how awesome it is, must pay a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely yellow skirt! Doesn't look as though you needed the wellies though, lovely weather!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails