Friday, 30 September 2011

Our kitchen progress...

Before: horrible, lack of space, dodgy piping, cheap worktops, handles and doors, old appliances...(the only nice things were the tiles, but we had to get rid of them unfortunately)

Meh kitchen

and after: lots more storage, more practical, quality wood worktop and nice new fitted appliances.

Kitchen

We are *nearly* finished on our kitchen! This weekend we are tiling the walls and then we will be able to peel off the blue backing plastic. The cupboards aren't actually that nice shade of blue, but high gloss white underneath. We have become quite accustomed to the blue over the past 3 weeks though and think the white will be a shock to us! If only Ikea did blue high gloss cupboard doors, I am sure we would have gone for that. The worktop is looking fab now after being lovingly oiled every week. Once we have tiled, we can get on with the important stuff, like making my Kitchenaid at home in the kitchen and adding pretty tea towels. We are using pale grey tiles and then adding colour in the accessories; a red Kitchenaid, blue and colourful Joseph Joseph worktop saver, red & blue Ching He Huang Typhoon containers, Cath Kidston dotty cereal bowls and a cerise Le Creuset casserole dish.




Kitchen

Kitchen by afeitar on Polyvore.com

I really can't wait to have a proper, fully functioning kitchen. The past few weeks have been easier than previous weeks as we have a fridge and an oven, but we are still lacking quite a lot of simple things like spatulas and tongs and knives! It's been a bit like working in those army field kitchens they test contestants in on Masterchef. When it is all completely finished, I will bake an extra special cake to christen my kitchen! 

34 comments:

  1. Awh, it's looking fab!!

    I have the white version of your new tiles in my new kitchen! (I peaked through the window this morning <3)

    Katie xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I have some big kitchen envy right now, I'm sure it is going to be amazing when its all done and you have those gorgeous accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that wooden worktop! So much nicer than the orignal one. Can't wait to see the finished photos with your beautiful kitchenaid in action.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks awesome helen! i was like WOW BLUE then read it was actually white haha. the white will look lovely though, and obvs gives you a good base for colourful decoration.

    eeeehhh so excited for you!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks good, love the Ching He Huang range!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow how exciting, You have worked so hard. Myself and my fiance move into our new house in november i cant wait xx :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. your kitchen is really bright! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So exciting! Can't wait to see the finished look.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. oooh how exciting! I'm still without an oven and it's driving me crazy x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww it looks great, I quite like the blue colour too!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I'm such a div - I thought the blue was the actual cupboard colour! Wouldn't that be lovely?

    V. jealous of your Kitchenaid.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The kitchen looks great! I'd invest a lot in a nice kitchen because it's the most important room of the house (after the bedroom - I love sleeping :p)

    Too bad you couldn't get blue cupboards :) And I want a KitchenAid too when I have my own house!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woohoo it's looking good!! :) I'm excited about my new kitchen too, it's white as well with a gray speckled bench top so I'm gonna add colour with accessories too :)

    Kc

    http://a-sparkley-silver-lining.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. O my goodness, sounds amazing, I can't wait to see the finished kitchen!

    I have so loved every post you've shared with us about your house - it's been so wonderful to get a peek into your home as it takes shape!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is looking gorgeous, can't wiat to see the finished result! I really want a new kitchen in our new house as it's just horrible but we can't afford it yet! Is yours from Ikea? Do let me know as i've been having a look at them! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aw I was gonna say the blue cupboards are amazing, but they're not actually blue haha! It's looking great so far, the neutral colour scheme with bright accessories sounds like it will look great once it's finished.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness, I love the transformation! The wooden worktops and the stunning blue colour is gorgeous. Oh you make me want to have my own flat! Love this Helen!

    ReplyDelete
  18. look amazing :D
    I'll definitely will following you if you follow me :D
    Decimal Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. the progress is looking lovely!

    GTBB,
    http://badjoan.blogspot.com
    http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. ooh I just found your blog via Laura's - it's so great! I actually really like the blue kitchen :-) but high gloss white looks really fresh an clean :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the colourful accessories and the pale grey tiles sound lovely (although you wouldn't think it!). It is a shame you had to get rid of the originals though :(

    ReplyDelete
  23. omg this sounds so fun :)
    I would love to do something like this hehe

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for your comment on my blog! The paint I used on the furniture was Laura Ashley's eggshell, suitable for wood and metal in the shade "Linen".... it's a pretty good paint and comes in quite a few colours! x

    ReplyDelete
  25. This was so fun to read because i love everything that is realated to interior decoration :). I'm sure that i will have lots of fun when i live alone lol.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This kitchen looks really nice:) I like the color!
    MIsaki

    http://a-mates0326.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh it looks wonderful Helen! I love the colour so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh I can't wait to see it all finished! I envy you your own kitchen that you can customize. It looks great so far!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Fired Earth do tiles like those old ones. I love them! We have just bought a semi-detached house with a HUGE kitchen. It'll be a great step up from our narrow terraced house's kitchen!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails