Thursday, 24 November 2011

Delightful day off

Day off TuesdayDay off Tuesday

boots - topshop, skirt - new look, t-shirt - m&s (I think!), cardigan - red herring, scarf - c/o moodys, coat - topshop

On Tuesday I had a lovely day off. I went for a run in the morning round the park (still not got sick of living so close to Sefton Park, don't think I will to be honest) and then showered & changed to meet my friend in town. We met up in Bold St Coffee, a great independent coffee shop on Bold Street (of course!). Bold St is one of my favourite streets in Liverpool, along with Lark Lane. They are both full of a great mixture of creative & independent shops. 


How awesome is the latte/flat white art? I ordered another one and it came with a heart in it, but I thought taking too many photos of my coffee may look too weird. After a few coffees, we went to see Zee at Fact. This was a really strange piece of installation art where you walk into a room and it slowly fills with smoke and different strobe lighting effects start. It lasts for 12 minutes and is such a strange/great experience, some people said it was hallucinogenic, others have compared it to a near death experience. It was an experience anyway! It's only on until this Monday the 28th so I recommend visiting it if you get the chance. You have to be over 18 and sign a disclaimer beforehand and unfortunately when we were in there a woman did injure herself and an ambulance had to be called. I hope she is ok now though!  

This weekend is shaping up to be a busy one again, it's Scott's sisters hen night on Saturday and then on Sunday I may be out for tea again with the parentals. I'm also in work on Saturday day and have to find time to squeeze in some Christmas shopping (I NEED to start before December! Have you all started yet?). 

P.S. Does anyone else have the hardest time ever giving their blog posts titles? Ugh, so hard to do! Hence the wet title of this blog post. 

20 comments:

  1. That outfit is so cute, I love the tights and socks under boots. I'm so jealous of people who can wear them! I love the colour combinations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree with titles, mine are always boring. I love Wellfield Rd in Cardiff, got the best coffee shops down there. I love Coffee #1, there are only a few in south Wales and Bristol and they make the best Welsh cakes EVER!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your scarf and skirt!
    The coffee looks great, I love independent coffee shops :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your skirt is gorgeous, Helen :D I enjoy coffee art too haha, genuinely amazed at how intricate some designs can look. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't you look cute :) I started my Christmas shopping early this year (I'm nearly all done!). I think your blog titles are always clever and relevant, but I know what you mean- I struggle to come up with them too (I've noticed a lot of bloggers using the title 'lately'- including myself! Quite amusing)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow that installation sounds crazy! What an experience. And I love the little artworks on the tops of coffees! Half the fun of ordering one :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are Moody's scarf twins, I have been sent the red and white version of that to be shown off in a post this weekend! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That coffee looks so beautiful. Love the outfit, especially the tights! Hope you enjoy your weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can never think of titles so I always use song lyrics!
    I love these tights, I must hunt down a pair! Such a gorgeous colour!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the coloured tights with the stripes! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this outfit combination! So wintery and cosy without being dark and gloomy xx :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. that skirt + those tights = perfect,

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the combination, the coffee looks great

    ReplyDelete
  14. that outfit is really beautiful!! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mmm the coffee looks amazing!

    I find naming posts so hard - you are definitely not the only one! I think I've just started reusing titles from about 3 years ago and hoping noone will notice!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look so cute and cosy! I always take photos of my food and coffee or better still get Mark to do it so *I* don't look weird, haha!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the tights! Blog titles do my head in. I can never think of what to say! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely skirt, a great look x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm totally with you on the blog titles!

    Cute outfit. And yep I love coffee too!

    jules
    http://andsuddenlyisee(dot)blogspot(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the tights and socks combo! Also I'm such a sucker for amazing coffee art, it really makes my day so don't blame you for buying another one! I so love the sound of the Art installation, sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails