Tuesday, 1 November 2011

Halloween lantern parade

Every Halloween in Sefton Park there is a lantern parade, organised by local arts and community groups. We went last year for the first time and now that we live so close decided to go again this year. It is such a great spectacle!

Liverpool lantern parade

Liverpool lantern parade

Liverpool lantern parade

Liverpool lantern parade

It's quite creepy because the park is so dark and there are bands playing as the lanterns parade through the park, then they all gather together for the finale which usually involves setting a big lantern on fire and setting off lots of fireworks (although Scott was disappointed and thought there could have been more fire this year haha). You can see some better photos here. As you can see, there are some amazing lanterns on show! 

We also had a murder mystery party on Friday with Scott's family and decorated the house for halloween: 
Halloween
Vomiting pumpkin to greet the guests - lovely!

Halloween
Skull garland hanging up

Halloween
And some pumpkins and a spooky view from our 'gothic manor' as part of the murder mystery! The murder mystery party was really good, Scott's brother wrote it all himself. We did one last year too and at first you feel a bit stupid but then get into the swing of pretending to be your character! Great for people who miss high school drama classes ha. I was NOT the murderer, despite the victim being my rich husband who was 30 years older than me. Not suspicious at all...

What did you all do for Halloween? Trick or treating, zombie walk, halloween party or just tried to avoid getting your house egged? 

21 comments:

  1. We have a similar event in our town but for Christmas, it's a different theme every year and we have carol singing and mince pies in the town square afterwards - sounds corny but it's lovely!

    Glad to see you're making the most of your new house, it looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never played Murder Mystery but it sounds like so much fun! Glad you had such a lovely weekend. The lantern parade looks really eerie and majestic xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I took part in a lantern parade at a festival once, they are such a wonderful sight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your vomiting pumpkin!
    I stayed in and watched Hocus Pocus like I do every year. Love that film
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Wow that is so cool! I will make sure I go next year! Thanks for telling me about it :)

    The decorations are also awesome, loving the vomiting pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The murder mystery party sounds like fun! I always want to do something for Halloween, but my friends don't seem all that into it. Mehhh. I'll let this one slide!

    ReplyDelete
  7. a murder mystery party? what a nice idea for halloween :)
    I went to a murder mystery dinner once, but a party must be much more amusing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh a murder mystery party for Halloween, what a cool idea! The pictures from the event look really cool too, I wish there was more stuff like this where I live xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a costume party for preschoolers at the library. We went trick-or-treating for the first time. My little one is so independent now, he made me stand on the sidewalk while he went to the houses and knocked. We also visited the Fire Station and sat in the fire truck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That parade looks like amazing fun to go to. I would love to see something like that in person. I didn't do too much for halloween, we just stayed in a greeted trick or treaters. But I did have a little fun earlier in the month with a halloween themed costumed 5k ( it was a lot of fun).

    ReplyDelete
  11. what pretty lanterns! and a murder mystery party sounds like great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks like you had a fab halloween x

    ReplyDelete
  13. The lantern parade looks amazing! And the murder mystery party sounds fun too. Whoever drew the gothic window did a good job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw, those Halloween lantern photographs are beautiful! I'm sad to say I've never played a Murder Mystery role play in my LIFE but I KNOW I'd love it... always loved Cluedo. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those lanterns were very cool! I bet it was spooky in a dark park too.

    We love the murder mystery evenings. We normally do them at new year.

    The house looks decorated fantastically.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my, the skeleton is awesome and scary all at once! :D

    Aya ♥ Strawberry Koi

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow this looks like so much fun! The window is genius! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This looks absolutely amazing, I've never seen a lantern parade but certainly would love to <3
    http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, this seems so beautiful and fun!!!!
    xxx
    S
    http://s-fashion-avenue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh the latterns, I've been waiting to see your photos since you first mentioned it, I am not disappointed, it looks amazing!!!

    A murder mystery party sounds such a good idea for halloween, love the chalkboard wall too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awww the Lantern Festival looks amazing. I fully intended to go this year and then literally just... forgot. I just forgot about it! Foolish.
    I did one of those murder mystery games once, it was a really good laugh. Although, the one I was in was a pre-made shop-bought one - how cool that Scott's brother actually wrote yours!

    Also, vomiting pumpkin? Genius. x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails