Sunday, 6 November 2011

Remember, remember the 5th November

Bonfire night

Bonfire night
Wellies - Joules
Jeans - Topshop
Jumper - Marks & Spencer
Bow - Primark
Coat - Topshop
Glove/mittens - Asos
Scarf - NY street vendor years ago

This is what I wore to go and watch the fireworks last night, is it me or are firework displays always a bit of an anti-climax? Plus we didn't have any sparklers to play with which I really wanted after seeing other people play with them! 

This jumper was sent to me as part of the Voucher Codes Cashmere challenge, I was so excited to be offered a cashmere jumper, it's such a luxury I would probably not treat myself to one. I chose this camel jumper from m&s in a size 8. I chose an 8 because I know from experience that m&s sizes can be quite generous, and this fits me perfectly. Just enough room to wear a vest underneath on chilly evenings too but not look too bulky. The sleeves are slightly long but that is probably more due to me being short and thus having short arms. I haven't washed it yet, but luckily it can be machine washed with other jumpers despite it's delicate nature. I love the combination of camel with red, I think it's a great combo for winter. It has a really British heritage feel to it. I think I'll get lots of wear out of this, I can throw it on over dresses as an extra layer, wear it over shirts for work or just wear it with jeans like this for a casual look. It kept me lovely & warm last night to watch the fireworks.

Thanks to voucher codes for sending me this to review! I have already used one of their m&s codes to get £5 off lingerie to stock up on thermals for winter (ordering them early this year so they don't sell out once it snows like last year, organisation ftw!), there are also loads more codes on their website to save money just in time for Christmas. 

Did you do anything for bonfire night or did you have to stay in with scared dogs like my Mum & Dad did? Poor Pepe & Nina :( 


23 comments:

  1. That jumper is so beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute blog, love the jumper and wellies. You should check out mine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to miss your polaroid door in your outfit posts! It doesn't look right!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet jumper.
    I do love a bonfire display but as usual I was too busy drinking and gossiping with my friends that I'd missed the sparklers. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. your coat is beautiful same as the scarf

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fact you've jazzed up the jumper with the bow. It looks great!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your sweater and scarf and wellies! You are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab wellies.
    Our current dog doesn't like the fireworks, but our last one used to love watching them out of the window!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had a few people round then we went and watched the local display from the top of a hill near my house, it was great but like you I wish I had bought some sparklers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really wish they did a big display in town like they used too! I didn't do anything as I was at the ballet, but managed to glimpse a few fireworks going off around town as we had a quiet drink in a pub afterwards. Hope you had a good weekend! :)

    Kc

    http://a-sparkley-silver-lining.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving the jumper, that bow is super cute.

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh you just reminded me, m&s thermals are amazing! Haha, definitely a voucher well spent! Love the jumper too, looks so cosy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your rain boots - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice coat!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. That jumper is lovely. Definitely not something I would normally pick up but seeing it on, I might go and have a look and pick one up!

    Bonfire night, my family and I went round to our friend's house for a bit of a party - fireworks in the garden, hot dogs, burgers and drinks. We didn't stay too late but it was nice to get out for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look lovely as always. I love the little bow on your sweater

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooh I would love a cashmere jumper! I love the bow detail, it's really sweet. I didn't do anything for fireworks night, it completely passed me by, sadly! I love fireworks, although displays never last as long as they should . x

    ReplyDelete
  18. i love your jumper! and wellies, feel like i've been waiting all year to break 'em out again, haha! although i agree, poor doggies, they hate bonfire night so much:(
    xo Elly @ strawberrylacemoustache.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this look, tres chic and sophisticated :) x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I went to my most local display, which I've never been to before. It felt proper English - hot dogs & weak hot chocolates for £1, sold by the local Cubs & Scouts. The bonfire was HUGE, apparently it was still smouldering the next day. I went with a gang of friends, it was a laugh. Really love your wellies!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very cute outfit- love the wellies :) We have 'cracker night' here in Australia but I rarely ever participate... probably something to do with living in the country!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Aha i know what you mean! I went to one andthe fireworks lasted for about five minutes then everyone kind of packed up and left O_O! I was most disappointed.

    Your wellies are adorable! xxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails