Wednesday, 25 January 2012

Curly sue - Remington Pearl review

Thanks for all your lovely comments about my curly hair on my last post - I love it too! My hair is quite thick and coarse and never really took to curling products very well. I had my hair curly for my sisters wedding, but by the end of the day they had nearly fallen out. They were just done with GHDs by a hairdresser. I always used to play with my mum's curling tong and heated curlers when I was younger too but it was always SO disappointing. My hair just wanted to be straight. More recently I even tried velcro rollers which just wasn't good at all. My hair just refused to create any volume with them. I am pretty rubbish at doing things with my hair and my usual effort extends to using hair straighteners on them. I can't even braid hair!

So, when I had started reading about conical wands I decided to look into them. I thought about yogi wands but they were too pricey for something I had never really tried. So, I plumped for this Remington Pearl curling wand.  I got it for £20 but now it has gone back up to £25, but I still think that it's worth that because of the results I've had with it.

Straight

Before - my hair is very straight and boring at the moment.

Curling equipment

This is the curling wand. It comes with a heat protective glove to use whilst wrapping your hair around the wand and also the little silver pouch which is heat protective. I used vo5 volumising spitz on each section of hair as I curled it. I put half of my hair up in a mini bun and then start curling the bottom half of my hair




The wand has an adjustable heat setting, from 180-210. I always have it on the highest because my hair is quite resistant to heat. I section off each part of my hair to be curled, twist it around the wand and then leave for approximately 20 seconds. This is a bit of trial and error really because at first I wasn't leaving it long enough and was getting a very weak curl in my hair, but the longer I leave it, the curlier it is. It depends on your hair type and what effect you want. Also using wider sections of hair results in looser waves whilst smaller sections results in tighter curls.

Curled

And after! This is what it looks like straight away, which is a bit too perfect and defined for my liking. I gently combed through the curls and back combed underneath them slightly and tousled it to my prefer style. Then I sprayed it with hair spray to keep it in all night. Then this was the final look:


I am now spending some time searching 'curling wand tutorial' on YouTube to get some other ideas! All in all, curling my whole head of hair probably took about half an hour which is pretty good considering how long it stays in and how nice it looks. It is definitely going to be my fail safe going out hairstyle. I also really recommend the Remington Pearl curlers, they are worth it if you are like me and don't want to spend a lot of money on something that isn't an everyday hair styling tool but want something that works. 

23 comments:

  1. Those curls look great, especially if the curls hold! Wish I had longer hair now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i use them as well. i'm like you, my hair is straight as a ruler. i'd tried everything and it never lasted. these though, they're amazing!! and so easy to use! glad you've joined the club :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair looks lovely. I have a very similar curling wand that I use to give loose waves but I very rearly curl it all but this post has mad eme want to x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The curls look gorgeous on you! My hair is naturally very curly, i'm always straightening it and ruining it.... maybe I should learn to embrace the natural look! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm just the opposite. I have curly, volumous hair naturally. I take a 1/2 hour to straighten it! I think your straight hair looks very sleek, shiny and healthy. It is nice for a change, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh how lovely, I like the quite defined look for a night out. Might try these xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks really pretty! Since I started growing my hair out from the very short cut I had, I've been excited for it to get to the point where I can curl it. I still have about six months worth of growth before I can do it but I'll definitely be looking out for these curlers since they work so well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look so cute, definitely loads better after a bit of backcombing and seperation - You're gorgeous as usual! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The curls looks so pretty!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. gorgeous! I need to get myself one of those! your curls look so darling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your hair looks great :)
    I found with my curling wand after lots of practice I can do my hair in about 10 mins. I love how using bigger/smaller sections gives more loose/tighter curls.
    P.s. picked us my library card today, you inspired me to re-join again :) Thanks for commenting x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay this makes me happy! Hope you enjoy using the library :)

      Delete
  12. LOVE this so much! You really suit curly hair :)

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing how much of a difference this makes! I find that if I wash my hair, comb it through while wet to create my parting then ruffle it with my hands, creating waves and leaving it to dry naturally is the best way to create natural looking waves with my hair - added bonus that there is no heat used! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I also use this, it's the best curler I've ever used! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your hair looks amazing! So pretty, you really suit it. I've been thinking about getting a conical wand but didn't want to spend too much money, so this one sounds perfect for me :) x

    ReplyDelete
  16. you look very pretty (and I love your shoes)! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh those are brilliant! My sister has the red one which was about £20 at Christmas and it's so good. They get so hot though don't they? Your hair looks so lovely all curly.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love curly hair, wish mine was naturally curly! I have one of them wands but i can't get the hang of it! So scared of burning my ears!!! (ps. the white top is from topshop) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pretty!! Your hair looks totally amazzzzing!

    ox from NYC!
    -davie+erica

    http://www.lpfashionphilosophy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails