Thursday, 9 February 2012

Blue polka dots

Saturday
shoes - tesco
dress - miss selfridge
cardigan - dorothy perkins

I love this dress although it does have a habit of popping open buttons randomly and making me flash people indecently. Not good. I wore this the other weekend when I went into Manchester for a library camp event. Luckily I had the decency to wear a long-sleeved t-shirt underneath it so didn't flash my brassiere at any unsuspecting librarians. It was bloody cold in Manchester too - what is with that city? It is always at least 1 degree colder than Liverpool despite only being about 30 miles apart. I love wearing summer dresses all year round though and long sleeved t-shirts are my best friend for this. Some things are too pretty just to wear for a few months of the year.

P.S I have just realised I've had this dress for as long as I've been blogging here (4 years this summer!). Look at how I wore it here (with the terrible lighting and bad camera quality before I got a good camera!) 

18 comments:

  1. I love the colour of this dress. I ended up ordering an array of multicoloured safety pins from ebay to try and mitigate against accidental boob flashing. Glad its not just me with this problem!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a pretty staple piece :) I have a shirt that I love which pops open too- I've not much underneath to flash though! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great outfit. That shade of blue really works on you.
    Manchester is so damn cold, even when you factor in Liverpool wind it is still always colder here.

    I'm still swooning at your wallpaper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in Manchester four days a week and I agree that it's so, so cold. I went there and back twice yesterday and spent about two hours overall waiting at train stations for a train. By the time I got home, I was an ice cube!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a gorgeous dress! I like to layer up in the winter rather than wear proper winter clothes! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look so young in your old post! it's such a pretty dress, i can see how it's lasted you for so long xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that dress, it's really pretty! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a very cute dress!! :) Heh gotta love those wardrobe malfunctions. I have a few favourite dresses & tops I have to be careful with! :)

    Kc

    a-sparkley-silver-lining.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love wearing dresses all year too. With sandals in summer and in winter with tights, long sleeve tops, cardigans etc. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice outfit! It's the Mersey that makes Liverpool warmer. I don't think it's that cold or rainy in Manchester, but I'm probably just used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i have the same issue about popping buttons, my tip is to sew the dress shut behind the panel. i do it for shirts, tunics, everything...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that dress, the bold colour really suits you x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have this dress too & I love it. Every time I see it in my wardrobe, it reminds me of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's a lovely dress - the colour looks gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The dress is so cute, the colour is stunning <3
    http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. i love this shade of blue!! so vibrant :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails