Saturday, 11 February 2012

House wishlist

housestuff copy

Just a few things I am currently lusting after for the house at the moment. We have nearly everything for the house but there are still some things we haven't got yet, like placemats. I am so fussy and some of them on the market are really horrible and grannyish. I spied these stag ones (1.) on the Heals website and quite fancy them so may have to order them soon. They will go in any room so will be good if we change our colour scheme in the dining room in the future. I also love all of Ferm Living's stuff which is also available at Heals. Both the bird cushion (2.) and the giant floor cushion (3.) are by Ferm Living. 

I've been listening to 6 music lots lately since we finally got a working cable for the DAB radio, but the radio itself is pretty ugly so I am thinking about upgrading it soon. The radio was Scott's from about 6/7years ago and is quite big and chunky. It's a bit vain as it's still working fine (although actually, part of the antennae has broke) but I figure that since we listen to it everyday it wouldn't be an overly frivolous purchase. I do like the Cath Kidston Roberts ones, but I think they are too expensive for something with just one function, even if it is used everyday. I quite like these Pure Evoke ones (4.) which come in a few different colours but this teal would match our dining room perfectly. There is also a gorgeous Orla Kiely print one but that is £20 extra. Does anyone have any recommendations of really good but pretty radios?

I am also still on the look out for the perfect rug for the bedroom. I really like this one (5.) by Conran for M&S, the colours would match perfectly. But I am not sure if I want a rug that will inject some pattern into the room as it is quite stark & bare already as it is. I also want a new throw for on the bed to replace the old brown ikea we've had for years. I quite like the look of this pom pom one (6.) by Heals. 

We are also hoping to get out in the back yard and sort it out soon if the weather improves.We haven't had any snow in Liverpool but we have had lots of frost & ice so we haven't got out in the garden yet to do anything, but we have been thinking. Scott has grand plans for a raised flower bed and a trellis against the wall, but I am more interested in finding a nice table & chairs and bbq so we can host bbqs and garden parties in the summer. This table & chair set (7.) is currently reduced to £49! I guess winter is a good time to buy garden furniture. However I'm not sure it would be big enough for if we had friends around. 

And finally, I always, always, always want more Le Creuset (8.). I currently have 1 small cast iron casserole, 1 stone casserole and 1 stoneware rectangular dish, but I want more cast iron things as they are so practical. You can fry things on the hob then just pop them in the oven. They are also so easy to clean. I want a whole rainbow of Le Creuset! 

What house things are you wishing for at the moment?

18 comments:

  1. Those placemats are awesome and they're actually affordable. I love buying new things for my flat but my kitchen is so small that I have to rein in my spending. My latest love is a large woven basket that we dump our scarves, hats, gloves and bags in when we enter as we don't really have a hallway. TKMaxx is my favourite place for finding new things xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those PURE radios are excellent and definitely worth the money. I'm a bit biased, because up until recently my brother was a design engineer at the company, but because of that I'm familiar with their products and they're really, really good radios. They have so many more functions available too (depending on the model), you can often connect to the wireless internet through them and even access your itunes library and so on, which is a bonus. And I think the Orla Kiely one is so pretty, go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been wanting a Le Creuset suate pan for flippin ages - I'm after the almond one to match my 18 cm cast iron casserole.
    Know what you mean about the Roberts radios (even the plain ones), but I feel I'd be disappointed in anything other than a Roberts! Rather the same as I feel about any mixer that isn't a Kitchenaid - I'd LOVE a baby pink or cream one of these. TOP of my home wish/lust list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, meant to add - I've got templates for bird cushions that were in Burda Style. I can sort them for when I see you next if interested? Tweet me! (@mich_mkp in case you know several Mich's!) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the bird cushion, have a few Ferm living things in my flat =) great style ! You're invited to enter my Valentine's giveaway to win 120 $ gift certificate and tights on Romwe.com !
    Fashion and Cookies
    Fashion and Cookies on Facebook
    Follow me on Bloglovin
    My Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have scarily similar taste in homewares it would seem! This looks much like our recent wedding list at John Lewis. We're awaiting delivery of the Le Cruset pan in the darker blue colour it comes in, can't wait to give it a whirl on the stove. We did put a Roberts Radio on the list too but it was left unpurchased, I'll have to check out the range you've mentioned here. I'm desperate to listen to music in the kitchen while I cook!

    Loveaudrey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. That rug is amazing. I need more rooms for more rugs! Do you know you can get Le Creuset stuff really cheap at TK Maxx? They have lots of random stuff in and not the newer pale blue range, but still really great value for money. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you just naturally choose things which seem to fit with the current color scheme from your house photos.

    You have really nice taste. I really adore those placemats. I hadn't heard of Heals before but they do some really beautiful things.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have great taste Helen!
    We have that Le Creuset dish, we got it (in green) for a wedding gift and it is one of our most used kitchen items.
    Did you know there's a Le Creuset outlet in the outlet centre in York - at least there as a couple of years ago. Some fab buys to be had. Plus TK Maxx and Homesense sell lots at bargain prices.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love seeing house wishlists, I am craving some gorgeous cushions at the moment!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. the pom pom throw is adorable but I'm totally with you on the le creuset - classy and such a great colour. I'm drawn to that shade of aqua blue at the minute!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loooove that le creuset dish, it's such a gorgeous colour too. All this homeware makes me want to buy stuff too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've seen a few crochet floor cushions/footstools around lately, would love to have a go at making one, all you need (I think) is an old duvet, some chunky wool and one of those enormous crochet hooks! Also loving that Orla radio - give me her over the ubiquitous CK any day! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are all lovely picks! All of the radios I've seen that I liked lately were really quite expensive. That teal one is very nice though. I'm really just wishing for a house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've recently seen some turquoise Le Creuset things in TK Max! They are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the turquoise Le Creuset! You can never get enough Le Creuset. Love that radio too - there are always so many vintage pretty radios. I can't wait to properly have my own place and decorate!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails