Tuesday, 21 February 2012

How does your garden grow?

Not very well at all actually!

Yard

This is our back yard when we moved in. It still looks pretty much the same. When we got the keys in July, our focus was on getting the inside sorted and then before we knew it, it was October so the garden has been a bit neglected really. Now that the days are getting lighter and the daffodils are peeking through the ground, we are getting excited about our little outdoor space. We don't have a lawn or any flowerbeds, so we will be making use of containers and building some of our own too. I've been scouring Pinterest and my favourite interior design websites for garden ideas.































I love this - it would look great hanging against a wall too. You could paint the gutters really bright colours to brighten up the garden. I love the idea of having a really bright garden - it doesn't all have to be green. The DIY to it can be found here.























Tins as plant containers! Again, a cute way to add colour to the garden too. This was found via here.





We want to make our own planters like this so we can plant vegetables and I love the idea of being able to move them around. Again, I'd paint this a really nice bright colour. This is from a really good DIY here.










I found these via Apartment Therapy - I am a bit besotted with the idea of old wine crates as containers but looking on eBay, the postage is all really expensive. It makes me wish that we drank wine so that we could bulk buy wine and use the crates for the garden! If anyone in the Liverpool area does drink wine and is willing to drink wine and donate the crates for me, just let me know, yeah? 


Is anyone else as excited for getting their gardens ready for Spring? Let me know what you have planned!











16 comments:

  1. are you going to keep herbs in your garden (like mint, rosemary, sage,..)? I have some and they are really nice (and useful!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tin plant containers, you can make cute lanters for a bbq with tins too. Think I saw a tutorial on GemFatale. I don't do any gardening AT ALL, I kill all of my herbs :( x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such cute ideas! I miss having a garden and I'm not sure I'll be able to get one when I purchase my condo but all I really need is a balcony or a really nice window to do a little something.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are some really great ideas! I saw one a while ago using stacked bricks against a wall as plant holders too which looked good. I really want to get into the gardening spirit again!n I used to do it loads when I was younger but since starting uni I'm never in a house long enough to plant anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love using old things as planters in the garden. My mum has an old sink and toilet filled with flowers, is that going a bit too far?!

    Stephanie
    ma-bicyclette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also have a yard and not a garden. Because of the wheelie bin and bikes stored there I only have space for one container, but hanging drain pipes could be a winner. Have you tried contacting any off licences/bars about wine crates?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that I'm thinking I won't be able to manage a full allotment I'm playing with the idea of making the post of the tiny strip of shaded soil I do have available, I think I just want to get green fingered! Looks like you could do a lot with that space!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the hanging gutters! We had hanging bags attached to our fences - looked lovely with all the flowers in bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My yard looks quite similar to yours right now... We're doing a skill swap with a garden designer - website for her design - I'm so excited to get it done. Been storing inspiration here: http://hellofuturehouse.tumblr.com/tagged/garden

    ReplyDelete
  10. The tin cans are so cute :) x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the blue tins for planters! The yard is really sweet and a great space, I think you could make it look fab with a little imagination =) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love the idea of tins as containers. especially with that bright blue, looks perfect matched with the green from the plants^^

    ReplyDelete
  13. All of these are gorgeous! I love the hanging baskets x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like all the splashes of colour (that are not from the flowers) you're intending on integrating into your garden, it'll look really great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The tins are fantastic and I really like the gutters too. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the tins as plant holders idea! x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails