Sunday, 5 February 2012

My weekend







This weekend has been lovely & relaxing. Most weekends we are both usually super busy doing things with family & friends AND trying to catch up on all the housework we've avoided throughout the week, but this weekend both of us had no plans at all. We went out for breakfast on Saturday morning to Green Days on Lark Lane (their toast is made from the most amazing bread from the German bakery!) then wandered down to Sefton Park library. At this point the weather turned freezing and the rain that was falling was turning to ice as soon as it touched the ground and there were icicles everywhere. We decided to head back home where we have hibernated for the rest of the weekend, eating cake & custard and warm stew. 

I've also done loads of clothes washing - I think I enjoy it a bit too much. I never iron though, that's far too tedious. In fact, we have an iron still in it's box, unopened, that we got when we moved out! I just think it's a waste of electricity, save the environment and all that.. ;-) Still, you cannot beat the smell of clean cotton and going to bed on a Sunday night to clean sheets after a lovely bath has to be one of life's small pleasures. Hope you all had a lovely cosy weekend too and managed to keep warm in the ice & snow!

22 comments:

  1. That breakfast and that stew look amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha agree with you on the ironing front. you dont even need to do it if you hang things up when they dry!! people obv haven't caught on to that yet. ahem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I weirdly find ironing strangely therapeutic, I don't mind doing a bit of ironing if I'm stood watching TV at the same time. I hate doing laundry though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love lazy weekends and I don't mind ironing, I find it quite therapeutic! I bought some new sheets this weekend and it was the best thing I have done in ages :)

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm that breakfast looks delicious!
    I never bother with ironing either, it's such a waste of time. My grandma would be horrified haha - she even irons socks, why?!

    Gillian x
    elevatormusik.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. yum that food looks good! x

    jasminestreasurechest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gah Helen, I've been staring at that photo of your full English brekkie for far too long...! And the stew looks amazing too! I really must start venturing out and visiting new places at weekends (: it looks like you've had a lovely week! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like an excellent lazy weekend. I must admit I love doing the washing too. I think it's the combination of the fresh smell and just the general delight of seeing my colourful clothes hanging up together! Like yourself I never iron though. My iron only ever gets used if I'm sewing and need to flatten seams!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That breakfast looks AMAZING.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad I'm not the only one that hardly irons, I'm terrible for it! I bet your cake and custard was perfect for the cold weather!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I avoid the ironing at all costs, I usually only iron for special occasions! Sundays are the best when you do nothing! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Agree with you about ironing - hardly ever do any. Your breakfast looks amazing too :] XX

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my gosh that fry up looks sooo amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a lovely weekend you've had! your homemade stew looks absolutely delicious, as does the fry up!

    i hope you have a lovely start to your week. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a good weekend!! :) We've had a 3 day weekend here, it's been nice having the extra day off :) I only use the iron to do my bf's shirts - the downside of him having an office job!!

    Kc

    a-sparkley-silver-lining.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like you had a delightful weekend. I zoo wish I could get away without ironing, it's my biggest hate! Trouble is we would all look like we been dragged threw a hedge backwards!

    X x

    ReplyDelete
  17. ow my, the first picture: i'm going to England this weekend, and if there is something I'm missing is crumpets and beans on toast!

    and cleans sheets after a nice bath is quite possibly THE best feeling in the world

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooo that looks like the breakfast of champions! Perfect!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. mmm love a big weekend breakfast! I'm going to have brinch this weekend in my fave cafe, going to have corn bread with eggs. Can't wait. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. nice weekend photos, seems you made the best out of it. I am happy to be your newest follower!! xx Alice Barton ♥ The Mow Way

    ReplyDelete
  21. This sounds like a totally perfect weekend! I am really craving that breakfast now. x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails