Sunday, 26 February 2012

Peter pan collar

Friday night
shoes - tesco, dress - new look, cardigan - red herring, collar - etsy

Collar

I decided to buy that Peter Pan collar that I mentioned in a recent post, it's lovely! I know they are a bit 'cliched' now, but I still love them. It's a bit too big because I have such small shoulders and I wish it could tie a bit tighter but other than that I'm really pleased with it. I can't wait to add it to old dresses to brighten them up. Does anyone have any tips on tying good neat bows by the way?! I spent so long trying to get the perfect bow on it and it still never looks quite right. I wore it with my New Look daisy print dress on Friday evening after work to go out for some Thai food. Scott works with a few Thai people and they always say that ChaBa ChaBa on Allerton Road is their favourite. I did enjoy it but the food has a spicier and less rich flavour than much of the westernised thai food. I think that Chilli Banana is still my favourite. Their Pla Sam Ros (a sea bass dish) is delicious. 


Hmm thai food.

14 comments:

  1. Cute collar! I always find bows hard to tie too. I'm sure there will be a tutorial or youtube video out there with some tips!

    Kc

    a-sparkley-silver-lining.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought one now because of you! Damn you! It's super sweet on you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely collar! Looks great with that dress.

    Katie xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, nice collar. I'm thinking of buying one now. I like the lace one :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the collar, adds such a oomph to the outfit!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute collar! Fits your very good :)

    Hugs,
    Eros

    Hermes Is My Dad

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been thinking yesterday I'd like to make one. And who cares if they're clicheed, as long as they're nice? Which this one most definitely is!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fan of this outfit, I really need to invest in some collars x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a huge fan of Peter pan collars. I also love thai food! My mouth is watering at the thought. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. you look lovely, that collar is gorgeous! i love how big it is. mm thai sea bass sounds amazing. yum xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. i really like this - a sewing project for the weekend i think !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh it looks beautiful! And I do in fact have a handy bow tying tip - I pinned this tutorial a little while ago as it is so good for tying a perfect bow: http://pinterest.com/pin/247205467015970760/

    ReplyDelete
  13. love this look,really dainty and cute! :) new follower

    http://2ndhandcinderella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. That daisy dress is too prefect and I think the collar looks great with it!
    Daisy Dayz Home

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails