Monday, 13 February 2012

What I wore: Friday/Saturday

Saturday
Dress - Oasis
Belt - Asos
Cardigan - Dorothy Perkins
Shoes - Topshop

I had a lovely but also strange weekend. It started off on Friday night when I started getting ready to go out for a meal with my friends and got on the bus and then suddenly thought 'today isn't the 11th is it, it's the 10th'. Yes, I had got ready and gone out on the WRONG night. So then I had to get the train back to Scott's brothers were they were having a night of board games & curry, but I felt ever so overdressed. Let's just call it a trial run. Everyone laughed when I told them though and at least I thought it was a day early and not a day later. 

The sad thing is that my hair was better the day before! I curled my hair straight from work and it was lovely and curly but on Saturday the curls didn't hold as well because my hair was freshly washed and a bit too fluffy. I think I need to find a better product to hold the curls in. Any recommendations? 

This dress was bought before Christmas as my 'party dress' but I think it's pretty versatile and could be worn with nice boots and layered up for a winters walk or maybe even worn for work. I've already worn it quite a lot, I think it would look lovely with a red belt also. I've also been thinking about buying one of those detachable collars to layer over it? 

19 comments:

  1. haha gutted about the mix up of days but it is funny ;) still, at least you hadn't missed the meal. and you can't beat red & black.

    i was in liverpool on saturday. best place for shopping EVER x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha oh no about the mix up but like you said at least you wasn't late!
    I love the colour of your dress, it's so pretty!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word I think that's one of my nightmares but for it to be one day late! At least you got to dress up twice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have done this SO many times!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, that sounds like something that I would do!

    Love those shoes.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh bless you - that is funny though!
    Love the outfit, and I'm definitely still loving your curly hair! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha oh dear, that's so funny and so annoying! but like you said at least you were a day early! i've embarrassingly gone to an interview a whole WEEK early, but luckily the entire department were out when I was loitering around looking for my interviewer.
    lovely outfit and i think that dress would look gorgeous with a detachable collar, and a collar would be such a handy thing to have for everything from t shirts to jumpers as well xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear! At least it was early though! I LOVE this dress on you, it is SO pretty!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look so lovely- it's a gorgeous dress! I always use the strong hold pantene spray and its works wonders! My hair is so fine and fluffy so I really recommend it :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Detachable collar - YES (especially the one you linked!) It would look even better than it does now (if that's humanly possible). and I can really relate to mixing days: the only thing I do different is that I only remember the day after =/ already missed a couple of flights this way haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't laugh. I didn't I promise. That's a lie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't laugh. I didn't I promise. That's a lie.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't laugh. I didn't I promise. That's a lie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That outfit is wonderful. I'm especially jealous of the cardigan and shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love that colour dress, a collar with pearls or black ribbon on would look lovely with it.
    I do things like that all the time, I have to write everything in my paper diary xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely look, love the dash of colour with the red shoes! X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the outfit! Haha oh dear, at least you only got as far as the bus!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails