Monday, 30 April 2012

Polka dots & stripes

Monday Saturday
outfit 1 - skirt: pop boutique, jumper: h by henry holland at debenhams (currently half price in the sale, snap it up now!)
outfit 2 - dress: h&m, cardigan: m&s

Just two recent outfits - how complimentary to each other are they though? My wardrobe is like a capsule wardrobe really, everything can mix and match because I like to choose patterns and colours that go together. Some might say this is 'boring', but I know what I like and buying things that go together makes more sense money-wise! I used to impulse buy things that I could only wear with one other thing and then not have a clue what else to wear it with. Now I am much more sensible with what I buy. Plus I think it's nice to have a signature style. 

Less than a week to go until my 10K race...I meant to get out for a run yesterday but I came down with a really bad sore throat and aches all over and literally could not move from the settee. I ended up watching Frasier, Sunday brunch and 3 episodes of the Big bang theory because I could NOT move to even change the channel. Luckily it wasn't such a bad channel to be stuck on! Anyway, having a rest day was a good idea and I took today easy in work as tomorrow I am going to London for a CILIP branch & group forum meeting, exciting! I felt so grown up when booking my train tickets and selecting 'business' as my reason for travel. I swear I am still a 17 year old inside but don't tell anyone, sssh! 

Also: how the hell is it May tomorrow?!

18 comments:

  1. Such cute outfits! I am totally guilty of the impulse buy. Really need to stop! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such wonderful outfits, I really adore that H&M dress, I usually stay away from horizontal stripes but the angle of those looks super flattering! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute! totally agree about the May thing....5 months into 2012??! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really like both outfits and i too am an impulse buyer, should learn how to be better when choosing clothing!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh official cilip business, I'm going to the cilip Cymru conference soon :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I very nearly bought that dress in H&M, now I'm wishing I had!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Red is always such a nice colour of you.
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these outfits!
    I really really wish my wardrobe was like yours! Everything is mismatched and unfindable in mine, I've always admired how capsule and fun yours is.
    xx
    emsipop.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your style, Helen ! :) Also have you got the CK guard print skirt yet, if not I had an email to say it was back in stock at the moment!
    Hope you feel better in time for the race day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. These outfits are both so lovely and so you x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I missed your outfit posts so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute! I love stripes and dots and red too. Good luck in your race! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. i don't think it's boring at all! i love everything you wear ever ever xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. moustache necklace <3

    and dont worry about being 17 inside, everyone tells me I'm a 5 year old boy (i pretend i'm a t-rex in public. it's not pretty.) (both your skirt and dress ARE pretty though.)

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE this outfits, I want your red jumper!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. She's absolutely adorable in these <a href="http://www.loudstarbazaar.com/shop/brand-starlyte-ethos/starlyte-ethos-jungle-dress/p_78.html>Indie clothing styles</a>. Love her fashion style!

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the colors and designs!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails