Friday, 15 June 2012

Bettys in York

York

York

York



York

We're back from a lovely few days spent in York, it was very leisurely and I've overindulged in way too much nice food, but it was worth it. We couldn't go all the way to York and not visit the legendary tea room, Bettys. I have been to Bettys a few times, as my friend studied at York Uni and we visited and I've also been to the Bettys in Harrogate with family but Scott has never been. I knew that Scott would like it because they are members of the Tea Guild and serve amazing scones. Their tea also comes with extra hot water so you can top it up to your hearts content. The only possible downside is having to remember to put the little strainer over your teacup as they use loose-leaf tea, Scott forgot this quite a few times!

I had the traditional afternoon tea and Scott just had the cream tea but with a sandwich on the side. We also tried the homemade lemonade which was amazing. The afternoon tea comes with a selection of mini patisserie cakes and my favourite out of these was the coffee/chocolate one, I wish I could eat it all over again now! 

This weekend will mostly be spent mentally preparing to go back to work (Sunday nights after an amazing week off are always hard, no matter how much you love your job) and of course celebrating father's day! What are your plans for the weekend?

20 comments:

  1. That looks AMAZING, I'm so jealous..! I might have a slight cream tea obsession.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love York but I've never been to Betty's! I used to walking around the old Tudor part of the town!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh, that looks so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Betty's in York. Whenever I go to York I like to find the Robert "Mouseman" Thompson carvings, and there is one on a plaque by the door to Betty's (and more in The Minster). Last time I went we just had tea and a cake in Betty's. My friend Henry from New Zealand had a Fat Rascal. Just for the name bless him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of that food looks amazing! I love scones...!!
    Here in Portugal father's day is celebrated in 19th March... I will spend my weekend studying for final exams :(
    Have fun x

    ReplyDelete
  6. the english side of my family lives in york! i've visted them a few times and i have never been here! now i wanna go :)

    daydream frenzy

    Shabby Apple $50 Giveaway

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been to York many a time visiting family and I have never been to Betty's. I always seem to visit in the height of summer and it's always packed but I really must go one day! It looks like you had a lovely time! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. yum, all that food and tea! looks like you had a lovely weekend away. :)

    little henry lee

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh my gosh they look amazing! Thanks for your kind comment on my blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum that looks so good! :) I wish we had more tea room style places here. There was a great one where I used to live with cream cakes, slices and yummy sandwiches. I would take my Grandma there once a week for lunch. I hope you have a great weekend! :)

    Kc

    a-sparkley-silver-lining.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am definitely going to go to Betty's when I visit New York in the future, oh my gosh, I started drooling when I saw all the delicious and yummy food! Glad to hear you had a fun time :)

    * Always, Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute. How have I never been, I don't really live that far from York. xx

    http://talesfromthedressingupbox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to go to Betty's, have wanted to go since forever. Looks like heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Bettys so much! I queued for ages but it was so worth it! Your photos are definitely making me want to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never taken afternoon tea out, can you believe? This looks delightful, sandwiches and cakes and tea, yes please!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That looks lovely! I hope I get to go to York some day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have always fancied a little trip in there to gorge of the nicest looking cakes - may have to go now!

    ReplyDelete
  18. great post!

    XXX,

    WMBG
    wiebkembg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. That looks so lovely. What a perfect way to spend an afternoon. x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails