Thursday, 21 June 2012

Down by the river

York - River Ouse
Skirt - Topshop
Shoes - Clarks
T-shirt - h&m
Coat - Topshop
River Ouse

York walls

Just a few more photos from York. This new skirt is from Topshop and I wore it to travel in on our first day. Unfortunately it creases terribly and for someone like me who hates ironing; it isn't good! I've already had to iron it about 3 times and I haven't even washed it yet. I prefer low maintenance clothes, but I suppose that is a risk you take when buying clothes online. However, the colour and cut are lovely and there is a little bow detail on the waistband, so I think it will become a firm favourite. 

On our first evening we strolled down the river and over the city walls. I loved walking around the city walls, it's a really great way to see the city (and nosy at houses, don't tell me I'm the only person who loves nosying at houses in different cities/countries?!). The river had a lovely feel on an early summer's evening, with the rowing club practicing and people generally enjoying the outdoors. It felt so much calmer to the River Mersey that I'm used to ha. 

10 comments:

  1. I love the colour of your skirt but I have the exact same attitude when it comes to ironing. So that must be a real pain! Often, I try and hang things in the bathroom to help the creases fall out but it doesn't always work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colour of that skirt xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love the colour on your skirt, it's so bright, it's bound to brighten the day! Looks like you had a lovely trip to York!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That skirt is lovely, even if I iron certain clothes they crease really easily, it is SO annoying!

    Maria xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This makes me miss York!
    Love the skirt, hate the ironing!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the outfit, and it seems the close-up is part of the bridge. Very nice, I like travelogues and these are such wonderfully clear photos.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always wanted to go to York! I've heard it's so beautiful. Love your skirt. x E

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colour of that skirt - but as I am morally opposed to ironing I think it would be too hgh maintenance for me! The photos by the river in York are gorgeous - looks like it was a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's been years since I went to York but I remember it being lovely! that blue skirt is gorgeous with your dark hair. Is it cotton or viscose? That spray starch might stop it creasing, I think Wilkinsons have it. x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails